I will just leave this here

Yah, the fact that they only made them for a limited number of years and that was a decade ago makes them perfect for collectors. Which makes them great for rehabbers. The only thing is, is that you have to be patient while selling them. There are not a lot of buyers, but their demand along with scarcity, makes up for the lack of potential buyers.

$400 is a very high price IMO unless it was new and unused maybe. I sold one for $220 to a guy that lived well over 200 miles away from me. I met him at about the 90 mile mark to make the deal.

I believe they went for $249 back then. So, that is probably closing in on $300 today. It just didn't make sense to enough buyers, not withstanding the fact that they cook extremely well and with their all aluminum and glass-infused plastic construction will last for an extremely long time if reasonably cared for. Almost a baby PK grill.

I believe they went for $249 back then. So, that is probably closing in on $300 today. It just didn't make sense to enough buyers, not withstanding the fact that they cook extremely well and with their all aluminum and glass-infused plastic construction will last for an extremely long time if reasonably cared for. Almost a baby PK grill.
Back in the day, when you're in the showroom looking at the SJ, or the CGA, or the CharQ, and the SJ and the CGA are a fraction of the cost, and SJ and CGA are lighter and can be carried with one hand, you gotta be thinking that I can buy several of these other grills for the same cost as the CharQ even if they don't last as long (but of couse the SJ and the CGA are very durable, too)...it could be that Weber made an initial production run of the CharQ and it took several years to sell them all, if they were a slow mover for Weber. Once again, the market decides which products survive and continue to be produced...the low production numbers make them highly desirable for the collectors of today.

Back in the day, when you're in the showroom looking at the SJ, or the CGA, or the CharQ, and the SJ and the CGA are a fraction of the cost, and SJ and CGA are lighter and can be carried with one hand, you gotta be thinking that I can buy several of these other grills for the same cost as the CharQ even if they don't last as long (but of couse the SJ and the CGA are very durable, too)...it could be that Weber made an initial production run of the CharQ and it took several years to sell them all, if they were a slow mover for Weber. Once again, the market decides which products survive and continue to be produced...the low production numbers make them highly desirable for the collectors of today.
My SJ lasted from 82 to 99 or 2000 when it rusted through the bottom. If I invested in some SS washers, I could have gotten a few more years out of it.

I do burn coal occasionally and if I had a kettle I would likely be ALL over that bad boy. But I only have a Jumbo Joe now. Hell, I might have to buy that thing and run out to Farm & Fleet buy myself a kettle and do some wood fired pizza this coming season! Damn that thing has my attention

Yah, when I saw the location, I immediately thought of you Larry. Heck, you could pick up a good used kettle for under $50.

I guess I could but recently at F&F and saw the one with the LP starter and table and such. IDK kinda had me thinkin'. But I still want to try my hand at pellet grilling. So much to think about

The one you saw at farm and fleet was likely the Performer. They are really nice set up and I agree about the gas assist (LP Starter). You can find those used as well.

Unless you are open to having the Performer without the pizza oven. I would make sure I picked up the Pizza oven first. Even if the Performer falls through, there will be more of those as well as other Weber Kettles.

Back