I will just leave this here

I sw

What exactly is this stuff supposed to do. I bought some a while back for the trim on my van but never got around to using it.

This is the best price I have seen for a used SmokeFire EX6:

**BS ALERT**
"GEN 2 .... Used last summer"
GEN 2's were not released until winter.
It may have the upgrades which will make it
the same a Gen 2, but if so, then that should
be explained properly.

I don't know anything about the Generations and little about these grills in general. But, is there any difference between a Gen 1 with all the updates and a Gen 2?

Joe, keep me posted on what materials you use and how you do the bottom shelf.
Bruce, I purchased the aluminum angle iron, and board 1/2 price at at Home Depot because it was damaged in spots. I cut 15 1/2" pieces and spaced them 2" apart. I did cut one more piece and was going to space them closer but got lazy as I drilled and counter sunk 4 holes to mount each board to the angle iron. I used to flip grills so much faster before I got into this cutting missing frame pieces, making shelves, grinding fireboxes, etc. I am going to have to be more selective as they are starting to backup and I am running out of room. Pics below.
20210523_165753.jpg20210523_165803.jpg20210523_173935.jpg183446957_10158935947392110_3240855639261929489_n.jpg

That looks good. Those full size composite deck boards get awful heavy and it isn't cheap. I wish they made some 1/2" thick and maybe 4" wide. I kind of like the idea of the removable bottom deck, but then you still have to fab in the front and back cross members. I have just welded in two pieces of steel angle iron and layed the slats in and fasten them with screws in the bottom. I am always looking for different ideas though.

That looks good. Those full size composite deck boards get awful heavy and it isn't cheap. I wish they made some 1/2" thick and maybe 4" wide. I kind of like the idea of the removable bottom deck, but then you still have to fab in the front and back cross members. I have just welded in two pieces of steel angle iron and layed the slats in and fasten them with screws in the bottom. I am always looking for different ideas though.
You are correct. Those boards are HEAVY. I doubt this grill will blow over. This was a no-weld solution and I still have enough left over to do a smaller silver I picked up today that also has no bottom shelf. Maybe I will try to space closer together for Larry;-) Back to Home depot for more angle iron and screws. Another plus to the removable shelf was I could work in my cool basement instead of the 95 degree garage.

I don't know anything about the Generations and little about these grills in general. But, is there any difference between a Gen 1 with all the updates and a Gen 2?
Gen 2 has all the parts weber sent you free if you got a gen 1 to make it work right already installed, new shoot, auger I think, and firmware upgrades

@Bruce,
The Ceramic Trim Coat I purchased for my dyed parts got backordered so I cancelled and on your advice I ordered some Aerospace 303. I will give that a try. How does it hold up. Does the shine last very long?
Is this the correct bottle?

71BUzpmRfiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yep, that is the stuff. It is good stuff and used widely in the marine and auto industries to protect vinyl. It has good UV protection. But, just like any vinyl treament, you will want to reapply it every so often.

Knobs and Rockers with Aerospace 303. The new style Knobs shined up the best. Thanks for the tip @Bruce. Academy had the 303 Wipes in stock!

Knobs and Rockers UV.jpg

Bruce, I purchased the aluminum angle iron, and board 1/2 price at at Home Depot because it was damaged in spots. I cut 15 1/2" pieces and spaced them 2" apart. I did cut one more piece and was going to space them closer but got lazy as I drilled and counter sunk 4 holes to mount each board to the angle iron. I used to flip grills so much faster before I got into this cutting missing frame pieces, making shelves, grinding fireboxes, etc. I am going to have to be more selective as they are starting to backup and I am running out of room. Pics below.
View attachment 28621View attachment 28622View attachment 28623View attachment 28624
I’m digging this.

I think you are being a little too critical here. He is not charging any more than grills for sale that are broken and filthy. They are relatively clean and he says completely working. These are quick flips like I was doing until I came here and stepped up my game a bit. I tell you what, before finding a home here, I was making a lot more money per hour than I do now;-) I am probably going to try and stop myself from grinding fireboxes as it is just too messy and my wife hates the noise and what I look like when done.
Yeah, Grinding out a firebox is a dirty, and even somewhat dangerous affair. I took this selfie one day when I was asking myself "And we do this, why?"

Dirty Grinder Face.jpeg

Back