I will just leave this here

Definitely had a grease fire. A bad one. Look at the soot on the grates and the fire lines under the hood as well. Yeah it had a dusey

$40 is OK for that grill just for the parts. The plastic tables are not available anymore. The wheels, end caps and knobs look good. If the firebox, frame or manifold is OK you are in the money.

I just got mine this past summer. I had been looking for about 2-3 years for the right deal. Finally got one for $100 and had to drive about 70 miles to pick it up.
That looks like it is in great condition and if you are really psyched to get one, I would say $200. But, I don't know if that would be enough for the seller to let it go. It has been for sale for about 3 weeks and Michigan weather won't be conducive to sitting out on the deck, heater or no for another 4 months, so I would give $200 a shot. Of course, it is your budget and you are the one spending the money.

I just got mine this past summer. I had been looking for about 2-3 years for the right deal. Finally got one for $100 and had to drive about 70 miles to pick it up.
That looks like it is in great condition and if you are really psyched to get one, I would say $200. But, I don't know if that would be enough for the seller to let it go. It has been for sale for about 3 weeks and Michigan weather won't be conducive to sitting out on the deck, heater or no for another 4 months, so I would give $200 a shot. Of course, it is your budget and you are the one spending the money.
was thinking 200, does look really clean, Ill use this in the winter, its too hot for outside fire in the summer lol I was on the porch w my buddy having beers last night lol

Yah, that is definitely a Genesis 2 clone. At least on the outside. The lid shape, the wood handle, the Z bars for the shelves all scream "Weber".

That is pretty interesting. Regarding old Traegers, my understanding is that the early ones were made in the USA and very good. Then as they got better known they farmed out production to China and went for the mass market approach. It seems that they are trying harder to up their quality more recently before they lose the panache of their name altogether.

That old one is probably built very well, and the fact that it looks like a Weber would make it extra cool for us Weber fans. It is not going to have all the latest controller and WIFI doodads. I would also worry about what kind of support you would have when the electronics and moving parts it does have ultimately fail.

Back