I will just leave this here

Yeah, that guy also has a "platypus" kettle with the round side tables listed. He looks to be a Weber collector that decided to pair down.

I had one as well, but was not impressed with it and sold it a few months ago. I don't "travel" with my grills and for use at home there is no advantage over using one of my kettles. Plus for quick grill sessions of small food batches I prefer my Q1200. I am just too lazy to fire up charcoal for 4 burgers or brats. And you cannot use it for long jobs since the charcoal tray is very shallow. It only fits one layer of Charcoal.
And I just don't have a the room to collect every oddity Weber ever produced.

I really like the CharQ. It seems the perfect solution for small, high heat cooks. Definitely not a PK aluminum grill that can do that and low and slow, too. But I find it fun and easy to cook on. I love cast iron and have never sprung for one of those huge cast iron grates for a kettle. I think they would be difficult to work with.

IMG_1072.jpg

Guys, the price just dropped. No one in SE Wisconsin, even Chicago area????

This is what I paid for mine in April. But I did not keep it. And it took me weeks to sell that weird rolling bag. No one wanted it.

Attachments

• CharQ.jpg
    CharQ.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 15
Good parts grill, but do you see that cream colored lid and cook box under the right side of it.

I think that if a guy waited a week, he could get this grill for free. Looks like the owner is pretty anxious to get rid of it judging from the fact that he barely took time to brush some snow off of it.

grill.jpg

That's not too shabby even for that price. The picture isn't totally clear, but as it appears I would be interested if it were near me.

Yah, it is one of the older ones without the slide rail for the swing table. It would be a good rehab candidate, but, it is 50 miles away, I am trying to stay away from the 1000 style grills and I just don't want to deal with it any more this year. If I happen to make a trip down to Madison in the next week or so, I might contact him and see if he will let it go for free pickup...LOL. Otherwise, I won't feel bad if it gets snagged in the mean time.

Nope. If it were red and the logo was part of the porcelain (like on Skyline and other pin-striped Genesis grills) then it would be worth that or probably a good bit more.

Hey, that CharQ in SE wisconsin is now down to $60.

At first look that seems like a decent deal for a CharQ in better shape than mine. Then I see what looks like rust on the grates and that the logo cap to fill the unnecessary igniter hole is missing (like mine). My temptation level drops...

I didn't even notice the missing logo cap. If I wanted one, that wouldn't be a deal breaker though. Wait another week or so and you might get it for $25. The grates might be plain CI with no coating. If so, that looks like surface rust and would easily cleaned up and re-seasoned.

Back