I will just leave this here

Thanks Jon for the shout out. I am glad they seem to be enjoying it. Will those be the folks you are visiting on Thanksgiving when you go Chicago?

5981B178-E16F-4B0D-8CE3-035687818FAC.jpeg
Thanks Jon for the shout out. I am glad they seem to be enjoying it. Will those be the folks you are visiting on Thanksgiving when you go Chicago?

Yeah, it will be that couple and my wife’s cousin and his wife. We are all about the same age and have known each other for many years. That couple is just like family to us, which I guess is obvious when you consider how graciously they allowed us to live with them for half the summer. It would have been very lonesome for Faith and me - and impossible for me to have had tax papers out all the time, if we had tried to stay at some hotel or even business suite kind of thing.

And, yes, they were really happy about that beautiful Weber😎. The other couple came over to see us while we stayed with them, and my cousin was really impressed with your workmanship👍. Since I was in no position to do a grill for them, it made me feel good to have you do it. I knew they would never accept money, but a grill coming through me was harder to say no to. It sure beat the run of the mill, rusting out, import clunker they were using!

Here I am learning about snapping green beans from the harvest in my friend’s garden. I actually managed a late summer/early fall crop of my own after we closed on our house thanks to his inspiration. I started them in trays at his house in mid July. His were fantastic and I have already bought seeds for next year of his variety fittingly called “Inspiration!”

F92CAC09-7C2E-4DC2-B7DB-2FBFD1B09DF9.jpeg

7CBD1B6C-6912-46E3-B3C9-4F3E51C34B68.jpeg

Last edited:
I wanted to give a thanks to Bruce for his recommendation on these SS Grates: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083QPHF5N/?tag=tvwb-20

I really expected them to feel lighter and kind of cheap, maybe its because most of the grates on the grills I've picked up are the cheapy stamped ones, but these certainly seem like a quality product enough I swapped my stamped grates from my platinum onto my first flip grill and kept the rod grates. I also picked up the Stanbroil 13 flavor bar kit, those seem like solid quality as well.

this is my first flip grill, it's far from perfect, I had hope to sell it cheap to my neighbor but that didn't work out. is $220 too much to list this for in November in New Hampshire? haha

if I can move this one, I'd like to try out those grill care grates at $75.

Attachments

• PXL_20201121_190820126.jpg
    PXL_20201121_190820126.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20201121_191432196.jpg
    PXL_20201121_191432196.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Even this time of year, you should be able to command $225 for that grill without much problem. It might take a little longer though. In the Spring or Summer, that would be gone in a day. By the way, it is November now (Even in NH), not October.

Even this time of year, you should be able to command $225 for that grill without much problem. It might take a little longer though. In the Spring or Summer, that would be gone in a day. By the way, it is November now (Even in NH), not October.
Haha, it is November indeed, I'm off a month I guess.

My local hardware store has a silver A, silver B, and silver C for sale. All new old stock, straight from the box. Pretty awesome. Green one was the nicest by far. He’s asking $1,000 CAD.

$760 USD is a little more palatable. And it looks like it includes the handle light. Rather have this Silver B than a new Genesis II.

$760 USD is a little more palatable. And it looks like it includes the handle light. Rather have this Silver B than a new Genesis II.

I agree, but one of Bruce’s for half that price sounds really good, too! I will give it that it is extraordinary to find a brand new 20 year old grill😎.

Here I am learning about snapping green beans from the harvest in my friend’s garden.

Neat! I grew Kentucky Wonder beans this year and harvested a bunch to use as dried beans. This was all from 16 plants, almost two pounds worth:

Attachments

• 87DDD136-D0E8-463D-81DF-10BB58A69AEA.jpeg
    87DDD136-D0E8-463D-81DF-10BB58A69AEA.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 66B65803-A8DC-4899-8840-0561DDABA7F7.jpeg
    66B65803-A8DC-4899-8840-0561DDABA7F7.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 3
When were these sold, and ever in North America? How could you convert to LPG? I remember reading that they’re popular in Australia. Stainless steel grills!

2672690A-1743-408F-A81F-1288FD9915B3.jpeg

Mike,
We were talking about the Weber FT400 in this post recently. They pop off from time to time so they are out there.

Jeff

It a Summit with no lid. Primary market was Australia. They're prone to the same issue ALL Summits are known for. Severe rust through in the fire box. No viable support or repair options from Weber or elsewhere either. Frankly best avoided as they were orphaned by Weber from Day 1

the price is def high., but, these grills were very well made. better than the new stuff, id offer $500 I bet they take it

Back