I will just leave this here

Actually, I think that is a Genesis 5000. I think there are caster wheels on the left. Definitely worth $20 if it is still available.

Actually, I think that is a Genesis 5000. I think there are caster wheels on the left. Definitely worth $20 if it is still available.
Yep. Love to see these old grills!

EDIT: Funny, though...the schematic for the G5 shows casters...and I think Chris said at one time the high end models like the G5 had casters from the get-go. But it's a good find, either way.

Missed out on 1st Gen Summit?
I'm googling for a specific part I need and this image showed up for me. I really like those side trays.

Screenshot 2020-11-03 102007.jpg

Do yourself a favor Chu T stay as far away from those as you can. BTW I wouldn't have given $25 for that one let alone $125. Those grills (all Summits for that matter) are expensive rust buckets.

Bruce and Larry are giving sound advice, but it is really hard not to love those first generation Summits. I agree that those stainless side tables are extra cool😎! Don’t dive in until you have read up on them here. Many issues.

Where things are going :unsure:

Here's as ad for a nicer version of the Holland Grill, an unusual but made in USA grill - at least until Holland folded a year or two ago. Notice what the seller says is his reason for selling it off:

SS Platinum, Big Wheel Edition

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1011993971/

2f71e0fc78fb4488be5553fe18bfa896.jpg

Wheels aside, that grill is a great looking SS Platinum. But, the price is more than I would go for.

Perhaps people may be confused about the off-center logo. It seems to be some sort of hybrid of the Motion W and the block W that UW-Madison used to use years ago, but either way it doesn't look right. And the spray-can blue doesn't help.

If it's still for sale the seller might want to post some ads in the Evanston, IL area. After today it might get "picked" pretty quick! ;)

My local hardware store has a silver A, silver B, and silver C for sale. All new old stock, straight from the box. Pretty awesome. Green one was the nicest by far. He’s asking $1,000 CAD.

BD7FA4BF-6B53-45F0-8540-0432C438436C.jpegBAF725EB-E819-433A-B310-9B9EC1D3609B.jpeg

That is one incredible time warp! You have to wonder how in the world these were in deep freeze all these years. A collector dream but as Bruce says extremely high priced. He regularly turns out completely rehabbed ones that look just about as nice for a whole lot less.

He did this one for me to use as a gift for the wonderful friends who put us up for five weeks:

IMG_5226.jpeg

IMG_5279.jpeg

Back