I will just leave this here

That’s a really wild one. I suppose a true auto gear head might really want one. My Snap On is begging for attention. I was disappointed to see a smaller but perfect new one for sale for $850 getting no attention. I think this one is still a good flip candidate, but being well used I need to be realistic about selling price.

These people kill me. I wonder if eventually they get someone drunk or stupid enough to click on BIN? And if they do I wonder if the buyer were to complain to FLeaBay what happens?

Yah, I see adds like that on Ebay all the time. It is like that on grates for webers some times. I have also wondered if someone actually buys them.

I doubt it. That grill looks like one of those 70's or 80's off brand grills. But, it could also be one of those Broilermaster type grills that Jon got onto a few months back.

It looks like the outfit might still technically be in business, but I think they were bought out and merged with another corp.

https://www.aeicorporation.com/brands/pgs

Jason, marked as "GONE" already. For free, yah, great deal. It looks like the cabinet bottom might be in decent shape as well.

This is another odd one. Never heard about Pacific Gas Specialties. Are they still in business?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1969712453125418/

I think Bruce is probably right, but the product is still being offered and from the looks of it shouldn't be casually dismissed. Looks a lot like a Broilmaster in its basic cast aluminum design. The rear burner might give it rotisseries bragging rights, too. I am sure you won't be surprised to hear me say that I would be tempted if it were close to me:o!

I doubt it. That grill looks like one of those 70's or 80's off brand grills. But, it could also be one of those Broilermaster type grills that Jon got onto a few months back.

It looks like the outfit might still technically be in business, but I think they were bought out and merged with another corp.

https://www.aeicorporation.com/brands/pgs

They are still VERY much in business. A dealer nearby me sells them. They're similar to the BroilMaster product. They're very well made, they get fiercely hot and can throttle down very well. They're simple built like tanks products made here also in California. Not cheap either. Very heavy castings also

Cool Weber / Sears story

Since this is just the catchall thread I have something that I just stumbled across. This is a cool story especially for the Skyline club!

Snip:
"We decided to set up on the rooftop of the towers just outside the dining room, where floor-to-ceiling windows provided a panoramic view of the Chicago skyline..."

Source:
https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/behind-the-grill/extreme-grilling/weber-31000.html

Sometimes, in January, at night, is gets below 40 where I live. That means I actually have to put on a hoodie during the day. I don't know how you y'all do "real" cold weather. Real men you are.

While I am afraid that even Weber has lost track of some of its history, I appreciate very much them posting stories like this one and the one about the birth of the Genesis. I didn’t realize how far back the Weber/Sears connection went, but you can easily see what led to the creation of the Skyline series.

Thanks for sharing, Fred.

Ye[ that connection was lost long ago as well. It seems everywhere Sears turned they cut off relationships and slowly but surely caused their demise. Funny how the company that started it all using technology to totally disrupt the status quo in marketing fell victim to the very same thing because they refused to roll with the times plus cutting their noses off to spite their faces.
Well Sears adios don't let the door hit you on the way out :D

Yah, seems they are being sold at several other outlets as well. I see my local Blaines Farm and Fleet selling them for over a year and I know I just saw them in another chain store recently, but cannot remember where.

Now with Lowe's selling Craftsman tools this might have put another nail in the Sears coffin.

I quit buying Crapsman tools a long time ago. When I saw they were the same tools being sold at HF only at 3x the price I quit. Back when they were a truly made in USA tool with a great lifetime warranty you could truly count on you bet I bought them. Not now though.
Sears was it's own worst enemy and I quit believing in the names Craftsmen and Kenmore YEARS ago. As they came to be nothing but meaning "lowest common denominator" rather than quality a service.
So regardless of who sells those names IMO they're worthless and I would NEVER spend good money on them

I quit buying Crapsman tools a long time ago. When I saw they were the same tools being sold at HF only at 3x the price I quit. Back when they were a truly made in USA tool with a great lifetime warranty you could truly count on you bet I bought them. Not now though.
Sears was it's own worst enemy and I quit believing in the names Craftsmen and Kenmore YEARS ago. As they came to be nothing but meaning "lowest common denominator" rather than quality a service.
So regardless of who sells those names IMO they're worthless and I would NEVER spend good money on them

Yeah, Larry, I sadly have to agree. What I used to look at as my old "plain jane" tools are now kind of a keepsake. Right after I got married in 1987, my wife and I would occasionally go to the mall. Usually, I was able to get by with picking up "one more" Craftsman tool. Not that I was able to buy much, but at least what I got were all Made in USA old-fashioned Craftsman. I keep most of those inside my house as my basic inside repair tools. The shed has the conglomeration of everything from Bosch and DeWalt to mostly Harbor Freight. I can't afford to be a big shot with high-end tools, and my skill set is limited enough that I wouldn't get my $ worth anyway.

I have thought what I would do if I had the benefit of a time machine to go back 35 years and the power to run Sears as a dictator. I would position myself as the "Made in USA" all-American store. I would work hard to link up with the few companies that still make stuff here and promote that to the hilt. Try to keep as much tool manufacturing, etc. here, too. Concentrate on mid-level but solid tools and appliances and not try to compete with Aeropostale and other places frequented by young and fickle buyers. It would be really interesting to know if they could have made it with higher prices than bargain stores selling Chinese imported everything. I would love to think that enough Americans would appreciate a company that really cared about American workers and basic well made stuff.

Ye[ that connection was lost long ago as well. It seems everywhere Sears turned they cut off relationships and slowly but surely caused their demise. Funny how the company that started it all using technology to totally disrupt the status quo in marketing fell victim to the very same thing because they refused to roll with the times plus cutting their noses off to spite their faces.
Well Sears adios don't let the door hit you on the way out :D

My Dad who has passed worked for them his first job out of the service. They were brutal to work for my mother told me he basically got fired cause his boss figured out he was smarter than he was and that would not do. He went to work for Coca Cola and rose up to be a plant manager so I guess he was smarter.

Back