I will just leave this here

ughhhh, sellers for the blue had told me to message them to remind them about the grill tonight. I messaged twice now and no response. It is sounding like one of those flaky sellers the way the whole thing went.

Oh well, if that Genesis 1000 for $25 is still available next week, I may drive the 40 miles to pick that up.

ughhhh, sellers for the blue had told me to message them to remind them about the grill tonight. I messaged twice now and no response. It is sounding like one of those flaky sellers the way the whole thing went.

Oh well, if that Genesis 1000 for $25 is still available next week, I may drive the 40 miles to pick that up.

Bruce, I feel your pain and know exactly what you mean. You can communicate (talk, text, private message) with someone
for a few minutes, or drag it out for several days, and you always have that gut feeling that you are getting jerked around.
Most times the gut feeling is correct. However, every now and then, one of them actually follows through.

Go buy the 1000 either way though. Nice flipper, and a new cover.

I did wind up picking up the grill. In good shape except for the Flavo bars and cooking grates. Both are probably serviceable, but not something that would be good for long. They are both the cheap enameled steel. Burners looked good. The other problem which is a bummer is the left hand handle is broken at the frame. They are black and that really sux.

Does anyone know of a good way to repair them? I doubt super glue would last for long and I don't want to glue it and have it fail on one of my customers. Other wise I will be stuck putting a spare set of gray ones on it.

Bruce,
I do understand your concerns about paint possibly coming off over time. I still think if you did proper prep and used several coats over time you could paint a gray handle satin black. That Krylon Fusion is amazingly good on plastic. I think if you told your potential buyers that it was painted you could cover yourself without driving away very many customers.

Well, I did wind up getting that bluehead. Yah. But, now I see that other Genesis 1000 that was on CL for $25 and about 40 miles away is still there, but the price is gone and it has been moved to the "FREE" section on CL. Comes with a new $80 cover and it looks like they are giving it with the tank. I just emailed them. Can't pass that up.

Wow, It makes you wonder about these kind of people. Pure delusion.
I guess he has been "moving" for two years now.

Larry, I have thought that when we finally move, I will probably just grab the RCP grates and Flavo bars and leave the grill behind. Then I will find a donor where I move to and redo it. I can put new less expensive bars and grates in my 1000 and sell it and not have to move it.

All depends on where you are moving. Across town, I am taking any old grill I own.
Across country, I would be much more selective.

Back