I was featured in an OfferUp article about Weber grill restorers

Well, now that he has hit celebrity status, he is going to quit associating with us common folk.

I really like that. Maybe I should use it for my "restored/remanufactured" KitchenAid machines

Well, now that he has hit celebrity status, he is going to quit associating with us common folk.

No, Bruce, YOU are the celebrity! You actually keep turning out nice great grills and actually SELL them:cool:! I mostly just find them and wind up giving them away:(. I am trying to learn from your example. Now if I can just get some time and dry weather!

Jon, I have given a couple away as well. While I am sure I could find other people (organizations) that would love a rehabbed Weber, you have to cut the strings at some point. While I don't do this to earn a living, I don't want to turn it into another hobby that winds up costing me money in the end. Last year with giving away grills, not knowing what I was doing all the time and probably underselling my work, I probably barely broke even. The only plus side is that I wound up with several grills lined up and ready to go for this spring. This year, I can fully see a profit out of my hobby. If I pay myself an hourly wage, I probably still could make more at McDonalds, but I have found that this year, I am able to squirrel away enough money to buy grills to rehab and still have some money for "Stuff". I just brought home a used Rubbermaid storage shed last night. Now I can move the riding mower and snowblower and other stuff out back to the shed to make room for more grills. hahahaha.

Sell a couple Jon. It is your turn. I bet the wife will smile too.

Jon, you can put a link to that article in your for sale ads, it definitely adds credibility. Congratulations!

Jon, I used to restore old Webers as a hobby but I only restored them to decent looking, functional status. You restore them like some people restore old cars. I never had the patience or skill to do that. Maybe you can get a series like "This Old House" and call it "This Old Weber"!

Jon, I used to restore old Webers as a hobby but I only restored them to decent looking, functional status. You restore them like some people restore old cars. I never had the patience or skill to do that. Maybe you can get a series like "This Old House" and call it "This Old Weber"!

Lew I like that idea "This Old Weber" go for it Jon.

Back