I want one, No I don't, yes I do!!

Van

TVWBB Fan
I just got a Weber OTG that really complements my Weber Summit. But wait there is more...
The bug has dug in like a tick and won't let go.
So, even though I have a brinkman electric smoker, I see a big advantage in getting a WSM 18".
I really want one, No I don't, yes I do!! I'm beside myself.

Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money!

Thanks

Van

Get one. You can't beat a wsm! I have an 18, just built a mini and about to pull the trigger on a 22. Plan to use all in comps. Not really sure how the mini will fit in, but it is a good conversation starter.

My prediction..."Van WILL own a WSM, sooooon". Don't fight it Van, resistance is futile. Funny, my tick bite started with a 22" WSM, then I just added a Genesis EP-330, now I need a new Kettle, and so it goes...

The force is strong in you my son!
Rise-Lord-Vader-darth-vader-13703307-1024-768.jpg

Van....I'm right there with you. My Summit was a great compliment to my 18" Weber. Then my OTG was a great compliment to my Summit. Any my WSM will be a great compliment to my OTG when the time comes that I can pull the trigger.

Todd

Bwa...hahahahahaha. It's mine. Mine you hear! Well, it will be in 5-8 days. Sweet!
The cool thing is, I can start using it with out buying anything else.

Congrats. One thing to try is taking out the bowl and using the WSM as a drum smoker/cooker, with the food directly over the coals but ~15" away so no chance of flames causing a problem. That's become my go-to technique for chicken.

Try doing *that* with an electric smoker ;)

Well, when you get that 18, send it back, and order the 22. Z order the 22 ad almost sent it back as it seemed like overkill. Now, I'm glad I kept it.......even with 4 racks of ribs, with cuttings, it just about fills up two racks on the 22. No cutting them in half, no need to cut them in a circle standing up, takes a full brisket, etc. etc. No doubt, you will be happy with the 18, but you'lll be happier with papa smoker.)))))::::::::::::::::::>> D

Bwa...hahahahahaha. It's mine. Mine you hear! Well, it will be in 5-8 days. Sweet!
The cool thing is, I can start using it with out buying anything else.

You held out for a whole day. ;) Congratulations on the new purchase!

Weber's an addiction, I must confess.

I've got one each of both size bullet smokers, a Smokey Joe, a OTG, and a Performer. The big bullet and the OTG were both bought used at great prices, and the Performer was on clearance at Home Depot for $200. I got 10% more off that with a coupon. What a bargain.

Anyway, although I obviously don't need anymore, I really want a BIG 26.75" OTG and the new Smokey Joe JUMBO, as well. The Missus does her best to understand.

Dave, You got it bad.
You live close the me so any time that you need a mess mate, let me know.
We can start our own Redneck BBQ Freaks cooking show!

Weber's an addiction, I must confess.

I've got one each of both size bullet smokers, a Smokey Joe, a OTG, and a Performer. The big bullet and the OTG were both bought used at great prices, and the Performer was on clearance at Home Depot for $200. I got 10% more off that with a coupon. What a bargain.

Anyway, although I obviously don't need anymore, I really want a BIG 26.75" OTG and the new Smokey Joe JUMBO, as well. The Missus does her best to understand.

Back