I saw something today that will BLOW YOUR MIND!

At this point, after all the suspense, build up, excitement & anticipation, it's probably gonna be a let down for most of us here.

Kinda like the new Top Gun movie is gonna be - if it ever comes out...

I have to think it is something more amazing than just a special color kettle. That said, I would love to see a yellow kettle or my favorite an avocado brought back in any size.

The Glen Blue did not seem to be afflicted with the poor materials and shameful quality control of the “Ltd. Edition” red. I hope Weber learned from that debacle.2340C74B-1A03-476F-A4D8-C4864415858E.jpeg

They learned by changing the ‘porcelain’ application process to lids. Now they are practically spray painted, it’s so thin. Maybe this helps reduce chips and ‘pops’ as pictured above, but it is way too easy to scratch through the finish right to the steel.

I have to think it is something more amazing than just a special color kettle. That said, I would love to see a yellow kettle or my favorite an avocado brought back in any size.

The Glen Blue did not seem to be afflicted with the poor materials and shameful quality control of the “Ltd. Edition” red. I hope Weber learned from that debacle.View attachment 37740
I hope so as well Jon!

They learned by changing the ‘porcelain’ application process to lids. Now they are practically spray painted, it’s so thin. Maybe this helps reduce chips and ‘pops’ as pictured above, but it is way too easy to scratch through the finish right to the steel.
Well, I do know that my crimson has a very thin and almost flat finish. Nothing like the old Weber porcelain that felt like glass and had a beautiful shine. I don't think George :george: would be happy if he was here to see some of this stuff!

The Glen Blue did not seem to be afflicted with the poor materials and shameful quality control of the “Ltd. Edition” red. I hope Weber learned from that debacle.View attachment 37740
I continue to have to go against the grain & stick up for the LE RED, maybe I was one of the lucky ones, but mine has no chips & not perfect around the leg sockets (who’s looking). I love the color of my redhead!

Last edited:
I continue to have to go against the grain & stick up for the LE RED, maybe I was one of the lucky ones, but mine has no chips & not perfect around the leg sockets (who’s looking). I love the color the color of my redhead!
Same here. My red LE is awesome. But my newer kettles..not so much.

79FB2775-BD98-454D-8C44-50EDA36142F9.jpegCAF9E94C-1142-4963-AA49-AB2BA5A54EDC.jpeg
I continue to have to go against the grain & stick up for the LE RED, maybe I was one of the lucky ones, but mine has no chips & not perfect around the leg sockets (who’s looking). I love the color of my redhead!

Eric,
I am glad you got one of the nicer ones. You saw the picture I took at a Home Depot. That was inexcusable. But even the unchipped ones had a pale orange look to them with obvious thin orange peel. It seems that some were more red and not full of faults. I am happy yours was one of those!

I still love my old classic red kettle. It has warts and the patina of use, but the porcelain is still thick and a shiny cherry red.

Last edited:
Jon, that’s exactly what I wanted in the LE redhead and was sadly disappointed, for ust the points you mention. I’m glad that some people like theirs but, there is nothing as cool as those old red kettles! What year is the one in your picture?

Same. The only chip in the lid is from me because it fell off the grill. Other than that, it was perfect out of the box, other than leg sockets. And I’m ok with the leg sockets, not looking anyways.

New 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles for spring 2022.
Maybe a redo on the Original Weber Kettle? Circa 1952??
16885676b40b2a962d2ab6d4476cf73a.jpg

Back