I love tacos: first time making Salsa Verde

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Made some grilled chicken tacos, nothing too fancy here.
IMG_20210725_173651178_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210725_174538593.jpg

But, it was the first time I made Salsa Verde. I followed this recipe.
IMG_20210725_164606292.jpg
IMG_20210725_165931449.jpg

I only used one jalapeno, but I will double that next time. I had mixed feelings about this, I don't think it was as good as many Salsa Verdes I have gotten at Mexican restaurants, but I could not stop eating it, so... If anyone has a recipe the love, let me know, I am open...
Anyways taco made.
IMG_20210725_174844706.jpg

Salsa Verde was even better on the taco ( both top and bottom of the taco got some). But the best part was watching my niece eat the whole meal up, wearing as much as she ate.
IMG_20210725_174655817_MP.jpg

Last edited:
Put a dry skillet over the coals next time and dry roast the tomatillos, onions, garlic and jalapeños. A little char is good.

Try some Cojtija cheese as well.

Great looking tacos and salsa, Michael. This time, you made something I have on my "next up" list! :) I was planning on using THIS RECIPE for a roasted salsa verde......

Your niece is a cutie! :)

R

Thanks everyone, you all have me believing I have the right ingredients I just need to change up the cooking process some. I am already looking forward to the next time I attempted Salsa Verde.

Made some grilled chicken tacos, nothing too fancy here.
View attachment 33525

View attachment 33526

But, it was the first time I made Salsa Verde. I followed this recipe.
View attachment 33527
View attachment 33528

I only used one jalapeno, but I will double that next time. I had mixed feelings about this, I don't think it was as good as many Salsa Verdes I have gotten at Mexican restaurants, but I could not stop eating it, so... If anyone has a recipe the love, let me know, I am open...
Anyways taco made.
View attachment 33530

Salsa Verde was even better on the taco ( both top and bottom of the taco got some). But the best part was watching my niece eat the whole meal up, wearing as much as she ate.
View attachment 33531
Looks great ! Almost got me talked into growing tomatillos again.

Check my first time salsa Verde thread, veggies right over the coals.
Nice and charred, the remove seeds and scrap off char as you would seem it be fit.
I usually remove about half the char and depending on what peppers I use not too many of the seeds.
Looks good and looks like everyone liked dinner....that's the goal.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, you all have me believing I have the right ingredients I just need to change up the cooking process some. I am already looking forward to the next time I attempted Salsa Verde.
Good job! As others have said, charring the tomatillos and peppers really take it to the next level. I love using Hatch Chile peppers when I make it. I can only get them locally for a couple of weeks in early September so I stock up for the year then roast and freeze them.

Back