I’m wheely grateful...

TomRc

TVWBB Pro
Gotta post a shout out here to Charles Bouchard at Chuck’s Inserts for such a great product. I did this grill on a commission from a customer as an anniversary gift. I decided to drop their last name and the year they were married on the wheel inserts instead of the traditional Weber script. Charles was quick enough to save me from myself and suggested that I not flip the “1996” as the Weber inserts would normally do by pointing out it would look like “9661” instead. I have to admit was worried about fit and finish when I was placing the order, but the color is spot on and they snap in tightly just like an OEM wheel would be. I’ve got the wheels wrapped in blue painters tape to keep them as pristine as possible during mud season around here until the customer takes delivery. I’ll toss in a couple of pics of the grill itself just for fun, too. Before you ask, the wood is mahogany treated with beeswax and the z-brackets are the last of Dave’s Santana’s (RcPlaneBuyer guy) stainless variety.

FE0046AD-A09B-4C51-B1F2-110F8486F725.jpeg5E2EB0C7-5BF8-4A51-AC4A-33071FD576B6.jpeg185C44D3-7E48-4470-91BD-5642ADA5F292.jpeg8BBD5468-4A0B-4DE2-880F-F27050D4BDA7.jpeg

I am sure you will have one very happy customer! That’s a real beauty👍.

So Dave told you that was the last of his Z-bars? I am hoping this is just a temporary thing…

I’m hoping it is temporary as well but he sounded kinda fatalistic on them due to a cost vs lack of demand above and beyond any availability of raw materials. I am much more optimistic about seeing his grates come back around again (though not any time soon). I fully expect they’ll carry a much higher price point when they do and I’m sure they will still be worth it.

I don't want to assume from your original post - Was this perhaps a wedding gift (or gift to themselves) that they are rehabbing and customizing instead of buying a new grill? That's super romantic.

I don't want to assume from your original post - Was this perhaps a wedding gift (or gift to themselves) that they are rehabbing and customizing instead of buying a new grill? That's super romantic.
An anniversary gift from one spouse to another. And a total surprise, too. The reveal should be fun. She has been nagging him for one of my grills for more than a year now.

Usually when it is the girl doing the nagging for a grill, it gets done quick.

Chuck does great work. I used a set for a Performer today.
Good looking red head, Tom.
I haven’t been able to post updates or pics of the finished product on my FB page for this one. I’ve been laying low with it over there to not spoil the surprise.

Gotta post a shout out here to Charles Bouchard at Chuck’s Inserts for such a great product. I did this grill on a commission from a customer as an anniversary gift. I decided to drop their last name and the year they were married on the wheel inserts instead of the traditional Weber script. Charles was quick enough to save me from myself and suggested that I not flip the “1996” as the Weber inserts would normally do by pointing out it would look like “9661” instead. I have to admit was worried about fit and finish when I was placing the order, but the color is spot on and they snap in tightly just like an OEM wheel would be. I’ve got the wheels wrapped in blue painters tape to keep them as pristine as possible during mud season around here until the customer takes delivery. I’ll toss in a couple of pics of the grill itself just for fun, too. Before you ask, the wood is mahogany treated with beeswax and the z-brackets are the last of Dave’s Santana’s (RcPlaneBuyer guy) stainless variety.

View attachment 47960View attachment 47961View attachment 47962View attachment 47963
Very Nice!

Tom/Dave,

Did you purchase the Inserts from Chuck's Etsy page or Facebook? I figured I might get a better deal through Facebook.

Jeff

I've always just messaged him through Facebook and he has put deals together for me by offering a discount on volume, etc. His Etsy page is a recent addition. You can reach him right here on tvwbb @ChuckB Evochuck.

Back