Hurricane Harvey

A member from another forum I belong to just posted this today...

San Antonio; No real trouble here, some local flooding to expected areas. I live near Sea World, we didn't get a lot of rain. Maybe an inch.

Robstown: Heavy flooding and moderate damage. News reports of 10"+ of rain

Alice; Heavy flooding, some damage

Mathis: No reports from contacts in the area.

Corpus Christi; Heavy flooding, major destruction to low lying areas.The people that farm my land in the area report so much rain they aren't sure how much, but +16" Barn has been destroyed, two horses had to be put down. Looks like five combines have been totaled. No worries - they're insured.

Rockport: Heavy flooding, major destruction to most of the town.The Co-op barn for equipment was a total loss.

Portland: My old house was washed off it's foundations, total loss in the neighborhood.

Flatona area: Heavy rainfall, some report 20" of rain. Some damage, not clear of the extent at this time.All friends in the area and the Glidden Sub site report safe and sound.

Houston: Locally heavy damage to some areas. Many major highways are closed due to flooding. I have family in the area, all are reporting safe and secure.

Port Aransas: Unable to reach friends in the area, no report

Aransas Pass: Unable to reach family in the area, no report.

Oakville: Heavy rains, some damage. No fatalities reported.

Rosenburg: Unable to reach friends in the area - site off line

Sean in San Antonio

Our hearts and prayers go out to the good people of Texas. I just flat cannot imagine the amount of rain they are getting.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Thanks Cliff. It seems like we are halfway through this storm. I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Glad to hear you and your family are okay. Got to be a scary experience. Barb was asking about you also I'll let her know you are hanging in there.

I just wanted to check back in. My family came through this without any damage, but there are a lot of people who lost a lot. We have been fortunate to have all the volunteers helping out, so many civilians with their boats out rescuing people. It's really inspirational to see everybody helping those in need. I am an insurance agent and have been extremely busy helping people with their losses. I just wanted touch base with everyone. Texas is strong and will come out of this situation even stronger.

Yeah, I like the "Texas Attitude" about things - particularly when the "going gets tough":

It may be a bit of an over-generalization, but Texans typically don't whine about things (at least, not for long) - they generally roll-up their shirt sleeves and DEAL with it head-on.

I am an insurance agent and have been extremely busy helping people with their losses.

Say no more. I know what the local agents went through when Hugo affected our area. While our damage was nothing compared to Texas, our local agents took a lot of heat when insured folks found out their freezer food stocks were not covered during the long-term power outage.

I, thankfully, never lost power, but I was in the minority.

Good to see you & yours is OK. :)

Yeah, I like the "Texas Attitude" about things - particularly when the "going gets tough":

It may be a bit of an over-generalization, but Texans typically don't whine about things (at least, not for long) - they generally roll-up their shirt sleeves and DEAL with it head-on.

Yes, it has been most impressive, lots of people stepping up. We have had support from everywhere, Louisiana always comes and helps out. I was driving on the tollway yesterday and saw a convoy from Orange County................California. Trust me, all the help is much appreciated and needed. Texas is a mess right now.

Say no more. I know what the local agents went through when Hugo affected our area. While our damage was nothing compared to Texas, our local agents took a lot of heat when insured folks found out their freezer food stocks were not covered during the long-term power outage.

I, thankfully, never lost power, but I was in the minority.

Good to see you & yours is OK. :)

Thanks Rusty. It is always good to read your policy and know what is covered and what is not covered. It is a boring read, but at least you know what is covered. Jewelry and firearms have limits on coverage, be sure and talk to your agent about the items you own.

Back