Hurricane Harvey Cook

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
We were trapped in the house for a few days during the storm. Unfortunately, I do not have a covered patio. Guess what, my front entryway is covered. I finally got a chance to use my 18" kettle.

Chicken and sweet potatoes.
DXb2PEBh.jpg

Cooking in the front yard with a river view.
7ojQ9bKh.jpg

The 18 fits perfectly in my front entryway.
Cc4laUsh.jpg

This is what our street looked like for 3 days.
k2JJi5mh.jpg

Just about done.
7oHaZ06h.jpg

I ended up cooking out front 3 days in a row. Glad this thing is gone. Lots of work left to do in Texas.

Thanks for looking. :cool:

Happy to see all is well, and that you were able to keep on keeping on Pat!
Neat shot of the 18" at the entryway!
Best to you and everyone affected by Harvey.

Man, I bet that cook was fun and felt good after what you and the family have been through. Looks delicious Pat and welcome back!

Looks like you pounded your chicken, Pat?

I started doing that for thick breasts, and it did wonders for direct grilling.

Nice looking meal, and so glad to see your area seemingly untouched by the 'cane.

Looks like you pounded your chicken, Pat?

I started doing that for thick breasts, and it did wonders for direct grilling.

Nice looking meal, and so glad to see your area seemingly untouched by the 'cane.

Yes Rusty, I do use the mallet on the chicken breasts. IMO a uniform thickness helps them cook better.

That's smacking old Harvey and showing who's in charge. Glad to see you and your family are okay. Brilliant to use the front entryway for shelter too.

Great cook & dinner! Looks like you still had power (and potable water)?
Happy that you & your family stayed safe.

I figured it would take more than a hurricane to keep you from your grill Pat. Excellent cook, hope all is well with you and yours

crazy watching that water rise..........seeing some photos/videos lately, I know I don't see it like you are.

Pat, glad to see you were able to cook out front of you house. Food looks delicious and glad you and your family are all safe.

Yes Rusty, I do use the mallet on the chicken breasts. IMO a uniform thickness helps them cook better.

What I have been doing is slicing them in half.. This way, when you beat them, i think it breaks up fibers and makes them TUFF.. JMO..I try to evenly slice them..the odds I usually cook up for kids...I know what ones NOT to sauce...

Back