Hunk of beef tenderloin

I just happen to have a “head” in the freezer!
This was a freezer dive I pulled out last night. Thawed for short time so I could get it out of the cryo package. Covered with a liquid Allegro Brisket and Fajita marinade and then coated with Suckle Buster Beef Rub 1836. Vac sealed overnight. Was still partially frozen when when I put on grill today.

Fresh Michigan asparagus is coming in right now, I think this is going to be on the menu pretty soon! Maybe some roasted sweet potatoes and smashed baby yellows? Actually that might just fit the bill for “Beef Night” at the cottage!
Yes, I’m planning ahead!

That is cut apart with a fork only......also the fattiest tenderloin I have seen.....I would give you 3 thumbs up if I had more thumbs......
Excellent.
Thank you.
This was the butt end of the loin. Local grocery had them on sale $6-7 a pound a year ago or so. Above was the full cryo bag size. I trimmed off a little silver but it was already trimmed pretty tight. I think this was the last one in the freezer. The color and bark looked good enough after slow roasting I did’t bother searing it. Refrigerated the leftovers over night and then into the freezer for 30-45 minutes before thin slicing. Made a fantastic sandwich with just a little bbq sauce.
IMG_4485.jpeg

Back