How to Stretch Your Barbecue

Some great ideas. we do the stuffed potato with pulled pork and tonight I'm cooking up some leftover brisket and making a chili. Going to make some barbacoa next week for tacos and make some enchiladas to freeze for a future meal.

i'm not readoing a word, thst photo has my comlete attention... it;s amazing im even tryping therse words
1590185073858.png

Great ideas, and thanks for posting, Chris.

Back in March, when it became clear that this lockdown thing was going to last a while, we went out and got a brisket, big pork butt, some ribs, couple of corned beef bricks (for Chris' Quick Pastrami) and a chicken or two. Also, about 4 bags of Kingsford Blue. We've done quite a few of the TM suggestions over the past couple of months -- brisket tacos are to die for (with scrambled eggs for breakfast); Frito pie with smoked brisket chili is one of the best excuses to drink cold beer; Smoked chicken quesadillas are a regular lunch for us (along with more cold beer); and if you've never tried a brisket grilled cheese on thick-sliced bread, you're in for a treat (also goes well with cold beer). It's just the two of us, so we still have some pulled pork portions and brisket chili left. Having a couple of burgers made from ground trimmings tonight (Hmmm, maybe a chili cheeseburger and cold beer).

Jeff

Back