How to best fix floor on a >2007 Genesis

What exactly did he replace the floor with? It almost looks like a sheet of plywood painted silver.

OK, that's probably what it is. I know I have seen something like that before but couldn't place it.

Not sure what it actually is, but I think it is some kind of construction material. Probably not silver painted plywood. If it is treated for weather resistance, it might be OK, but it is still going to trap moisture where it meets metal and will cause those parts to rust out faster than they should. Also, should some burning material make its way through to the floor, if it is wood, it could turn into not only a big mess, but a fire hazard as well.

I was thinking zinc plated steel would be a great cost effective alternative to replacing the bottom with Stainless Steel. It would certainly look better than wood or some other thick solution. Can plated steel be painted?

Last edited:
YEs it can be painted and works quite well. Zinc is what they dip car bodies in today to help them be more corrosion resistant

Stefan, That looks like a pretty good rehab candidate. But, like you, I have passed on several grills this spring while I whittle away at my current inventory. There will be more.

As Trump says, "You have to be willing to walk away".

This is what I think Larry was referring to and its galvanized it won't rust or even if it does it will take forever. Its thin so he had to mount it on something it does appear to be plywood by the hole cutout but one might use a piece of cement board which I would think will not burn, not sure using plywood would be an issue as the tank is sitting in it. Besides plenty of 2000's with wood slats underneath and nobody worrying about that.

I use this stuff under my deck made a roof so to speak sloped it properly ran a gutter at the end store my UDS, lawn mowers couple of other things. Put flagstone underneath we have walkout basements in ATL my deck at the flat lever is probably 12' off the ground. I used the ribbed version looks like he used this.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Metal-S...BEgLTefD_BwE&dclid=CPPK9ofXzNsCFcW_wAodZ40E8g

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's painted bead board or something similar with aluminum angle iron across the front and back.

Pretty sure that's painted bead board or something similar with aluminum angle iron across the front and back.

If you're speaking of the material of the cabinet floor at the beginning of this thread I honestly don't understand how ANYONE could mistake that for wood. It's shiny and corrugated. It is corrugated galvanized sheet metal (steel actually). Especially someone who lives out in the country as they make so many pole barns outta the stuff. Also referred to primarily in the south as "tin roof" the term "tin" typically given to steel tat is zinc coated (galvanized)

very nice. Did you have to buy a new floor panel?
I like the Added Touch of the rotisserie

very nice. Did you have to buy a new floor panel?
I like the Added Touch of the rotisserie
Yes I went with a new floor panel. I was thinking of possible alternatives but any other solution would have looked weird and would have cost me probably half of it. And I got the grill with the rotisserie. Since the rod won't work on a the older models I am going to leave it with this grill. And unless I find another one of these grills cheap with NO rust I am not going to buy another one.

Back