How Do YOU....

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
...Grill Your Sirloin Steak?
seasoning? just salt & pepper?
marinade?
any special treatment?
or secret methods (you can not disclose)?
This is JUST sirloin... not rib eyes or T-bones or anything else... Just Sirloin Steak.

Whaddya got? :D

Jim,
I treat 'em just like I do tri-tips.
S&P only, or Santa Maria rub works well.
Cooked to medium rare, or no more than medium, of course.

What time should we arrive?

I did some for lunch.
Cut into serving size
Season with HEB steak seasoning
Cook to medium-rare.. Hot and fast so the outside gets a crust (from the heat and seasoning)
Serve with sweet potatoe baked in the oven at 550*.

Dale's while the charcoal is getting started. A quick sear. Then bring to 130*F. May top with herb butter. May not.

Last time I made it was with lawrys seasoned salt and black pepper.

Stabbed it with a meat tenderizer Maribel got me.

Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, medium rare covered with sautéed onions and mushrooms mixed in with a little Yoshida's

The sirloin has fantastic beef flavor and I do generally like to keep it simple with just salt and pepper. But every once in a while I'll make a teryaki marinade and that's a good way to dress it up.

First, buy the best beef you can.

I cook all beef steak meat the same; ksalt, fresh cracked pepper, a little peanut oil into a reverse sear consisting of 10 minutes of indirect hickory smoke.

As for a marinade, I usually don't but Johnny Fleeman's Steak Marinade is good.

I normally go for keeping the beef flavour. So this means good quality black pepper and salt. I put in about 15 min before I put them in the skillet or on the grill. Sometimes I rub it with mustard powder as well.

If I fry it I a skillet, I add butter, a garlic fed (with peal to protect it from becoming burnt and bitter), and some fresh tyme to the skillet towards the end of the cook and baste the beef with it. That is very nive if the butter gets the right nutty flavour.

Too late now that I saw your finished steak, but fresh ground pepper, a little salt and a pat of butter just before it comes off the grill.

I don't eat 'em. As I try to limit my beef consumption, I usually only grill a porterhouse or tenderlion.......................ck

Seasoned with Penzey's Chicago Steak Seasoning, and lightly rubbed with a high quality garlic flavored olive oil.
Ray

Back