horizontal burners function

Ross, nice score on your Genesis. I‘m the original owner of a green 2008 Genesis E-310. It’s my first gasser and I love it. It’s an awesome grill.

I like the fold up front shelf on my pellet grill, just wish it was a little wider so it would more safely hold a half sheet pan of meat

Front shelf works great on my Recteq pellet grill. I have to say, though, that as long as you have the fold-out table on at least one of the sides, I don't think it is as big a need on a Genesis.

I do NOT like that post 2006 Weber dropped the fold-out table. I think they were wonderful. A grill with ones on both sides is especially nice. I had a double-table Silver B and later a Platinum B that had that setup. I miss both of them. I think having those shelves extended on either side of you and direct access to the grill is the ideal. But, if all you have is a dinky side table, a front shelf would be a definite help even if you have to reach over it.

Front shelf works great on my Recteq pellet grill. I have to say, though, that as long as you have the fold-out table on at least one of the sides, I don't think it is as big a need on a Genesis.

I do NOT like that post 2006 Weber dropped the fold-out table. I think they were wonderful. A grill with ones on both sides is especially nice. I had a double-table Silver B and later a Platinum B that had that setup. I miss both of them. I think having those shelves extended on either side of you and direct access to the grill is the ideal. But, if all you have is a dinky side table, a front shelf would be a definite help even if you have to reach over it.
I agree with you. My Silver B had the double fold up tables. That is what I miss on the new grill. An aftermarket fold up table would be nice.

My frankengrill has the double swing tables, but I don't often find it necessar to put either up. Especially when I just cooking one type of food at a time. If I have 2 or 3 foods going on the grill and need more room for plates, accessories and seasonings, the they come up and put to good use. When I need 'em, it is great to have 'em.

I think the front table on a pellet grill is a different animal than on a gas grill. Most pellet grill cooking is low and slow bbq, so you bring out the food, put it on the table and then onto the grill. After that, you are not opening the grill very often at all over many hours of cooking. When you do take the food out, heavy items like a brisket or pork shoulder are easier to then offload onto a tray sitting on a shelf in front of you.

For a gas grill on high heat, where you are regularly flipping and checking food, I would rather have the fold-out side tables that are right there but not between you and the grill.

completely off subject but the one thing I think is cool on the brand brand new genesis is the warming rack folds down to give extra space. I use my warming rack more than most. Anyone ever done mods to make warming racks on old genesis' bigger?

completely off subject but the one thing I think is cool on the brand brand new genesis is the warming rack folds down to give extra space. I use my warming rack more than most. Anyone ever done mods to make warming racks on old genesis' bigger?
Well, on my Silver B. I had that silly swinging basket rack that I never found a use for. Anyone ever use that?

Last edited:

Back