horizontal burners function

I have both EW and NS and can get used to either.

For most cooks, my preference is NS plus a sear burner. a small section VERY hot very fast is why I want a gas grill.

The genesis 1000 get's to do rotisserie and it does a fine job.

However, I'm thankful that the Brit's and the Yanks agreed that no matter which side of the car the steering wheel was, the order of clutch pedal, brake pedal and gas pedal remained the same left to right.

Imagine hitting the brake with your clutch foot while trying to shift.

I have both EW and NS and can get used to either.

For most cooks, my preference is NS plus a sear burner. a small section VERY hot very fast is why I want a gas grill.

The genesis 1000 get's to do rotisserie and it does a fine job.

However, I'm thankful that the Brit's and the Yanks agreed that no matter which side of the car the steering wheel was, the order of clutch pedal, brake pedal and gas pedal remained the same left to right.

Imagine hitting the brake with your clutch foot while trying to shift.
Dan, I can't even imagine trying to drive on the left side of the road without causing an accident. Change the pedal configuration? Forget it.

Haha didn't mean to ignite an old debate, had no idea. But I will add my $0.02, I have a 2005 weber summit gold and the controlls are on the side table yet the burners run north and south. It's not confusing either because the controls are laid out in the same pattern as the burners. Just saying the debate about the controls being on the side or front should be separate from the burner direction debate.

Anyways I got the grill! It's much newer than expected. Looks to be +/- 2008. For $75 it couldnt be much better, im stoked! Just had to drive 45 minutes each way . I'm not even going to replace anything I'm just gonna clean it up and cook on it so I can chime in on this debate.

Attachments

• 20220329_212319.jpg
    20220329_212319.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220329_212216.jpg
    20220329_212216.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220329_204745.jpg
    20220329_204745.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220329_204704.jpg
    20220329_204704.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220329_204734.jpg
    20220329_204734.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220329_211447.jpg
    20220329_211447.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220329_211049.jpg
    20220329_211049.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Okay I was entirely wrong about the summit, not sure where my brain went. Controls are on the front it's just flat. I think flat controls are better because it's easier to see exactly where you are dialed in at from the angle you are looking down at while cooking 😆

Attachments

• 20220122_171823.jpg
    20220122_171823.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Anyways I got the grill! It's much newer than expected. Looks to be +/- 2008. For $75 it couldnt be much better, im stoked! Just had to drive 45 minutes each way . I'm not even going to replace anything I'm just gonna clean it up and cook on it so I can chime in on this debate.

Looks like an S320. my mom has an E320 in copper like that.

Inside, there is a sticker with the serial number on it. The fist two letters are a date code to ID the year.

Looks like it has the new style igniter, so 2008 to 2010 is my guess.

Nice addition.

Last edited:
This guy is getting some new ignitors and a new regulator and hose. Just haven't gotten around to doing the installation.
I installed new igniters, burners and regulator and hose on my Summit 450 about a year ago and it runs like a champ. Only other thing I may do is clean and grease the manifold valves.

Chris - That is a beauty. Please film whatever you do on it. I may never come across one but I would like to see it;-)

Okay I was entirely wrong about the summit, not sure where my brain went. Controls are on the front it's just flat. I think flat controls are better because it's easier to see exactly where you are dialed in at from the angle you are looking down at while cooking 😆
I agree!

Attachments

• FA029DE8-F40B-43C8-A17C-36D745A07A64.jpeg
    FA029DE8-F40B-43C8-A17C-36D745A07A64.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 10
If Weber would reintroduce a new grill that looked like that, I would be on it.
Do you mean Chris’s Summit? It was probably the peak of Weber’s build quality, not counting the Vieluxe. Has its faults-mainly the firebox propensity to rust and burn through in the front. But it is one N-S grill that I believe even @LMichaels is willing to forgive its lack of capability to do rotisserie cooking because of how well it does in regular grilling.

forgive its lack of capability to do rotisserie cooking because of how well it does in regular grilling.
Not fully. The rep that was at Bob's Ace where mine came from promised as good or better than my old Genesis. Only reason I hung on to the Genesis all these years (even to the point of buying another one) was because IMO the Weber rep lied. Or at least gave me the company snow job :D

Haha didn't mean to ignite an old debate, had no idea. But I will add my $0.02, I have a 2005 weber summit gold and the controlls are on the side table yet the burners run north and south. It's not confusing either because the controls are laid out in the same pattern as the burners. Just saying the debate about the controls being on the side or front should be separate from the burner direction debate.

These are amazing cookers and the last E/W Models. Their issues are cabinets, they rust out, but yours looks good! I love the way they cook, if not for the cabinets they may be the best weber Gennys ever

Hi Ross - I bought a similar stainless steel sidewinder from 2007 recently and currently replacing burners, igniter and lubricating manifold valves. Will share pictures when done.

Back