Honey Wheat Bread

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My second time making bread. Decided to make wheat bread because that's what we eat when we eat bread. Tastes really good. A good bread for lunches. Need to work on my folding, as evidence by the bottom

8iMntm6.jpg

JKoUjwY.jpg

YCrrm2F.jpg

Ftezqx2.jpg

The holidays are officially over in our house, seems like it was yesterday when we did Thanksgiving. My 2015 tax returns are all burned up, I'm ready for whatever 2022 has to throw at me. Looking forward to 12/31/24, when I officially retire, 3 years should go fast, the last 62.5 sure have. Hope every has a safe and healthy 2022.

Go Giants

I gotta give it a try. I typically buy honey wheat bread for sandwiches. This would probably fill some idle time on off-days and tastes great to boot!

Looks good Chuck! Those bottom seams looks like you may have had too much flour on the exterior, so the seams couldn't seal. It's only aesthetic, so no big deal, but as you get more comfortable working with dough, you'll use less "bench" flour. If you don't already have one, get yourself a metal dough scraper. They are a godsend for working with sticky dough! :)

2022 is off to a good start!

R

Bread looks amazing!! Just looks like so much work.

Chuck your right 3 years should go by quick. I have exactly 7 to go and I can’t wait!!

Looks great and you can’t go wrong with Forkish’s recipes.

I have some wheat in the proofer right now for dinner rolls tonight.

My second time making bread. Decided to make wheat bread because that's what we eat when we eat bread. Tastes really good. A good bread for lunches. Need to work on my folding, as evidence by the bottom

8iMntm6.jpg

JKoUjwY.jpg

YCrrm2F.jpg

Ftezqx2.jpg

The holidays are officially over in our house, seems like it was yesterday when we did Thanksgiving. My 2015 tax returns are all burned up, I'm ready for whatever 2022 has to throw at me. Looking forward to 12/31/24, when I officially retire, 3 years should go fast, the last 62.5 sure have. Hope every has a safe and healthy 2022.

Go Giants
That looks superb!

Back