Hoisin BB Ribs

Ted M (FatEddy)

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi All,
I have not posted in quite some time, but have been enjoying everyones wonderful cooks.

My wife requested ribs, but asked me to do something different than the usual.

I did a hoisin glazed rib. Homemade mix of several ingredients. I got the idea from the Weber web site, but added and subtracted several ingredients.
Left out Curry, just did not think it would go with this. Added Some OJ, Five Spice powder, Siracha and an Anchovy
I had taken many more photos, but almost all were out of focus. Here are the most important shots. Grill & Plate.

This is my first rack of ribs not done on my WSM. Since it was just the wife and I, the lone rack was cooked on the performer. Just salt & pepper for a rub.
1.5 hours no smoke using k-blue at 250
Foiled for 30-40 min. Temps jumped to 325, i was distracted by football. :eek:
Out of the foil for another hour at 225-240. Checked with a toothpick, just about done. Heavily sauced with the glaze, 30 more mins.
Sat for 15 and sprinkled with Sesame seeds. They were a break from the norm and were outstanding in my opinion.

Just before they came off the grill.
IMG_0056.jpg

Plated with Fried Rice and some veggies.
IMG_0058.jpg

thats one great looking rib. good color and pull back on the bones. i would like 3 plz on my 1st plate and we will go from there. nice cook partner. :cool:

Good idea and great looking ribs! Unless I have big crowd over, I always do ribs on the kettle--it really is a great smoker.

Ted, your ribs sound TERRIFIC and look OUTSTANDING Too!!!
The addition of the anchovy in the glaze and the sesame seeds at the end seems PERFECT!
Bright Ideas for Tasty Food! That's Cool, Ted!!

Back