HM 4.2.4 3D Printed Case

Actually I don't think it is your design. I compared the case I bought from you over a year and a half ago (before I owned a printer), with a print of this design and there are some small differences. The most obvious is where the back "clips in" yours is rounded and this is squared off. Overall the fit is excellent though.

cmwD6dN.jpg

Tom
I finally loaded all the programs and checked the file
All I see on the tree with 4 line is
4line-TC-Rpi-A+

Could you create one for a PiB 4 line, unless I misunderstood how to create the stl from the source.

Hope you had a great vacation!

As implied by my second post, quoted above, I realized I've been powering my heatermeter/raspberry pi combo wrong. Redundantly even. I've been powering the raspberry pi AND the hm, ...for longer than I'm willing to admit. Sorry to derail the thread.

The pi zero w is so small it would fit in any case, I would go with the model A case which wouldn't have the openings for the LAN/USB ports.

If anyone needs some M3x25 screws for this case, I have a bunch. Will mail for free. Hit me up. Like a bunch....

I know this is a pretty old thread but I was looking for a 4.2 Rasperry Pi B with a 4L display but haven't been able to find one. Does anyone know if one exists?

Does anyone have a 3D model of the 4.2.4 Heatermeter board with 2 line display? I'm in the process of designing my own case with integrated rechargeable batteries. Thanks!

I know I do not have a 3D model of any of the HeaterMeter circuit boards, and I am pretty sure Tom didn't make one when designing the 4.2 case either. There are so many tall components sticking up from the board that it can be approximated with two cubes, one the size of the HeaterMeter PCB except ~15mm thick. The other the size of the LCD module, 80x30x13mm. The placement of the holes you can just pull from the 4.2 case model in Fusion360.

Thanks, Bryan. I wanted to ask before I took the time modeling it in Inventor. There are a ton of the individual components available on various 3D parts sites, so I may just cross-reference your parts list and make an assembly.

I've got the HeaterMeter 4.2.4/Rasp Pi B assembly together and only included the tallest components. If anyone wants the 3D model I will provide it. Just ask.

48941567713_3b4cf340fd_z.jpg

48941567728_805c02d682_z.jpg

I've got the HeaterMeter 4.2.4/Rasp Pi B assembly together and only included the tallest components. If anyone wants the 3D model I will provide it. Just ask.

48941567713_3b4cf340fd_z.jpg

48941567728_805c02d682_z.jpg

Would you mind sharing this CAD model? I have a little spare time and was thinking about designing a small-as-possible 4.2 case for the Pi Zero W and that model would be a great starting point. Thanks!

Back