Here's a Jim Lampe photo you don't see every day

Congrats Jim! Now that you are a published BBQ legend, I hope that you will continue to come back and visit with us "little folks"!

It's Jim Lampe in the Wall Street Journal, showing off the Pigvilion and his Smoke Day setup. What's this world coming to? ;)

Featured in this article: A Guide to Backyard Smokers, Just in Time for 'Low and Slow' Season

PJ-BV217_SMOKIN_G_20140603200919_zpsd3eb7437.jpg

P.S. I went down to Barnes & Noble to pickup a copy of today's WSJ. Here's how it plays out in print. Look at that...Lampe barbecued ribs on the front page of the WSJ!

IMG_23741_zps290f57ba.jpg

IMG_2375_zps16294072.jpg

IMG_2376_zps2c0ed6c9.jpg

IMG_2378_zps32e7dd75.jpg
Chris, now crumble that paper & stick it under your Weber charcoal chimney to fire up tonight's grillin'....
Again, thank you all very much.

i'm liking the article just to the right 'bout the speakers that KNOW what I wanna hear;)

Happy for you, Jim! They couldn't have picked a more enthusiastic barbecue fan than you. The accolades are richly deserved!

did they pry a Miller out of your hand and replace with tongs for the shot? :) Really amazing stuff - They got the absolute right dude for sure!

did they pry a Miller out of your hand and replace with tongs for the shot? :) Really amazing stuff - They got the absolute right dude for sure!
funny, Sara (the photographer) showed up at 11:10 to photo me seasoning the ribs (an important part, so Anne Marie, the writer of the article, thought)... well, that was nearly done earlier, I did save two racks to season once Sara got here... but I wanted to get the ribs ON BY 1130, something else Anne Marie thought was important to get photos of... so, as soon as Sara arrived, I told her to grab her camera and we're gonna fire up the smoker cuz I'm running outta time here...
racing back and forth... it was chaotic!
once the ribs were on, Sara had to back-track to figure out was just happened while she was taking photos... (She wanted sub titles to her shots).
about 2pm, she left for an hour or so since nothing was really happening... and that was when it dawned on me that I WAS DRIER THAN THIRSTY!

so I chugged a brew straight down, opened another one to relax with....

Hey Jim. I mentioned it in the other post but Chis shut it down. Congrats on the article and all the pics look great. How did you get hooked up with it?

Back