Helpin A Fellow Q'er Out

GlenM

TVWBB Member
Hi Folks,

A member from a local Bbq forum here announced his daughter was getting married and it would be great if some other members joined in and helped out with the catering (this is a real country wedding - i dont think there would be caterers around the corner ;), almost middle of no where!!!)

Anyway the guy lives about 200 miles (320kms) away....and i pipes up and said i'll come an help you brother!!!.......and so did another, so the three of us have only met by typing on a forum and here we are about to meet under the pressure of cooking for 80 people :eek:

Anyway Kev has 'Gordy' his Lang and here is my introduction to Gordy

And here is the Wild Fellow playing with a whole Trout

And the Trout gets Traegerised!!

Some of the....30kg's of Ribs!!!

Gordy smoking away

And Gordy Full!!

The mother of all storms nearly blow the wedding tent away!!! Lol

And the three 'almost' strangers became mates

"The Three Must Have Beers"

From left - Mick - centre - Me - father of the bride - Kev....its late and we are all a little worse for wear lol

Sorry not many food pics it was too full on slicing & dicing....man these things are hard work!!!

Well, I can only imagine how tired you all were at the end of the day. However, for the rest of your life you'll remember this day with smiles all 'round!!

Good work and congratulations to the Bride and Groom and the BBQ Team!!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Cool pics and story!!! I have met people from forums before and its really weird at first, you have never met them before yet you still know so much about them through conversations.

That last pic your slacking, wheres your beer!!!

Pretty cool how food brings folks together. Congrats on the wedding and huge success at the Lang! Memories forever.

Hey neighbor,

That's cool lending a helping hand, bet it was a fun eat, and yes, more pics if you have them, ...and tell me more about a pickup with a snorkel that goes above the roof!

Karl

Love It All Glen!!
Those Are Some MONSTER Ribs!
Can't tell what they are LONG Spare ribs or skinny long BabyBacks??

Back