Help finding grates

Those look tough to beat for the price.
Very true. I went with the BBQParts grates and they're more than enough for my needs. Ideally I would have found Dave Santana's at a reasonable price but it just wasn't an option. Bought flavorizer bars for both my grills (1000 and Silver series) from him while they're still available and glad I did.

UPDATE ON DAVE SANTANA/"rcplanebuyer":

Member Roy told me in a PM that he contacted Dave Santana through eBay (his Craigslist ad is not up right now). He said that Dave told him that he was not currently making grill grates due to supply issues and that his prices would likely have to go up substantially when materials become available. I was afraid of that:(.
Does anyone know if Dave Santana is a Weber fanatic? Is he a griller? Vegan?

Don't really know a lot, but he said that he started out making flavorizer bars because he was frustrated with how fast the original Weber ones failed. So, he at least uses a Weber!

Does anyone know if Dave Santana is a Weber fanatic? Is he a griller? Vegan?
I’m fairly certain he lives within a few miles of me, I did a lot of stainless welding 20 years or so ago and I wanted to see his set up. I hope he continues to stay in business.
Working in the pipe trades for a HUGE company we have been warned to order with substantial lead times on brass, cooper and stainless that was always available on shelves.

I’m fairly certain he lives within a few miles of me, I did a lot of stainless welding 20 years or so ago and I wanted to see his set up. I hope he continues to stay in business.
Working in the pipe trades for a HUGE company we have been warned to order with substantial lead times on brass, cooper and stainless that was always available on shelves.
It would be ironic if Dave is kind of guy that doesn’t own a grill or likes to grill. Is he in Burlingame?

I imagine he has the ability and gear. Get in touch with him and ask. That would entail another load, unload......load unload for you though.

Reactions: Loc
He’s just on the other side of the bay from me then. I wonder if he would re-weld the failing grate rails on a Vieluxe:
https://tvwbb.com/threads/got-my-vieluxe-now-what.89945/post-1018002
I imagine he has the ability and gear. Get in touch with him and ask. That would entail another load, unload......load unload for you though.
I can't help but wonder if maybe the rails got broken during a move...especially moving it around with bad wheels? Anyway, I would call around and see if maybe you can get one of those mobile welding guys to come out to your place to weld it. Maybe so, maybe not, but worth a look anyway, I think.

I can't help but wonder if maybe the rails got broken during a move...especially moving it around with bad wheels? Anyway, I would call around and see if maybe you can get one of those mobile welding guys to come out to your place to weld it. Maybe so, maybe not, but worth a look anyway, I think.
I’m going to try working something out with Dave Santana. He isn’t too far away. If anyone is going to put a torch to the grill, it might as well be Dave the man himself.

Here's another grate question. What type of steel does Weber use for their stainless versions? I ask because I'm trying to get my hands on some Summit grates to cut down for my 1000. Contacted our local steel fabricator to ask if he could help me make a nice straight cut so I'm not doing something crude with a grinder and cutoff wheel. Said he can work with 304 (or was it 403?) but not 316, which would ruin his blade.

Here's another grate question. What type of steel does Weber use for their stainless versions? I ask because I'm trying to get my hands on some Summit grates to cut down for my 1000. Contacted our local steel fabricator to ask if he could help me make a nice straight cut so I'm not doing something crude with a grinder and cutoff wheel. Said he can work with 304 (or was it 403?) but not 316, which would ruin his blade.
Depends on which generation Summit. If first generation no need to cut anything. They drop right in. Second and beyond I believe it's 400 series

Back