Hello from Pleasanton, CA

AKvaternik

Hello Fellow BBQ Enthusiasts,

I’m from Pleasanton, CA, just east of Oakland, and am a long-time griller who wants to diversify a bit by building a Hardibacker Smoker as described here, and then attach a Heatermeter probe/fan to it. I’m a bit of techie, so I’m also looking to extend the Heatermeter by creating a MySQL database of my Heatermeter readings on a home server that would allow me view past cooks via a web interface.

My only BBQ claim to fame is my DIY BBQ island that I built for my Weber Summit 6-burner NG built-in and documented here - http://mybbqisland.blogspot.com/. I plan to document the build of my Hardibacker Smoker/HeaterMeter the same way. I’m getting geared up by doing my research now.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Andre Kvaternik

I'm expecting more than one post from a P-towner. Come on your representing the East Bay, we have standards:)

Hi Andre,

Welcome to The family !
Before you go too far in the design phase, might want to carefully read the Hardibacker MSDS, especially the CAS #14808-60-7 part.
One of my past customers was the supplier for Hardie of that particular substance.

Bob

Back