Heck of a kettle/smoker cover for $11 and SB wings

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I would have put this on the Buy Sell forum page but thought it would get more looks here.

Needing a new cover for my 22" Master Touch I ran across a super deal on Amazon.
Link to Amazon via TVWBB then search 73422 Veranda.
(Chris if you read this please provide a direct link)
The cover is currently selling for $21.99, but scroll down to used, currently at $11.56.
When I ordered on Monday they were $12.xx
Mine came perfectly new with a hole torn in its original plastic bag.
I put it on my MT with roti ring and motor bracket attached, not with motor and spit rod like in this pic.

IMGP5799.JPG

It's in the 20's here and the cover is staying nice and supple.
Handles on the sides for easy removal.

IMGP3888.JPG

Note, the description says it fits the 26" too, but some reviews say it does not fit the old or new ones, but I think it would fit the 22" WSM just fine, even with the lid hinge, no promises though.
I have nothing to gain by posting this, only wanted to share it with you all.

Okay, short and sweet, SB breaded wings and mushrooms.
They look a little pale, this is before a spray of oil:

IMGP3879.JPG

IMGP3881.JPG

IMGP3884.JPG

Happy cooking everyone!

That's one nice cover and you're right that's a great price. Flappers and 'rooms look great.
Hey how about next time you take a picture of your MT clean it up a little, how often do you polish that puppy.:cool:

You keep the cover, I'll eet your Wings & 'Shrooms!

hey, lookithat! Dugas came out of the Hiber Nation...

Good find Bob. I love Weber but I must say, the last couple of covers I've bought were disappointing. The cover I got with my 18 WSM fits so tightly it takes several minutes to get it on and off. I mean it's skin tight. Then I picked up a 22 in. Redhead last summer on CL. I bought a nice Weber cover for it and upon installation, I realized it had a small tote bag tethered right to the cover, sewn on. When the cover is in place, the bag just lays there on the ground or floor. It's unlikely I'll bag my cover every time I remove it for a cook. First thing I did was cut it off, but I noticed the price of the cover had increased nearly ten bucks from the last one I bought. Probably to cover for the price of that bag.

When I got my free Ducane a while back (this one was made when Weber owned them) I got the like new cover with it. It's like the old covers from the 90s has the lining on the inside and at -4 degrees it's still as soft as a blanket. Wish they still made those.

Bob I have their cover for my WSM, OTG and Genesis 1000. The one on the WSM has been in service outside for over three years and still looks new. They make one for the Performer and when the Weber cover finally gives up, I’ll be buying one for that too. By the way, they are waterproof.

Bob, that's a great cover but your cook is awesome could take a plate of that right now.

Back