Healthy attempt (fail) on the freebie performer!

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Howdy folks...well this story started a few weeks back...I picked up a freebie performer just for parts..amazing what folks toss out...anyway rescued the poor weber and took it in..had thoughts of parts and a WSM cart..my boy was sick so I decided to take a peek at my freebie...noticed the grill grates were pretty shiny under all the mold and gunk...anyway ...pulled the grates (sweeper was frozen) cleaned up the grates on another grill and hit the sweepers with a scraper..low and behold...pretty clean! Hit it with a hose and wow...not sure this grill was used more than once!

Well I can't make a parts rig out of it now...let's fire it up!!
Added some gas and fired right up...I had plans for a healthy meal so turkey burger and my best CI ready to cook!

Simmering pintos I started earlier!!

Turkey browning with some penzys steak seasoning!

Added some sweet pepper and onion!

After a bit I added some taco seasoning and chicken bullion and let it simmer!

Poor Gerti waiting for dinner!!

All simmered up!

Plated up lettuce wraps...beans and a nice drink!

Good stuff..maybe would have been healthy without the cheese and drink..and 3 plates I ate!!

Thanks for looking...take care folks!

Not sure what the "fail" was on that post. Looks like a win/win to me. Great find on the Performer, great job cleaning it up and a delicious cook. Guess that's a win/win/win!

Not sure what the "fail" was on that post. Looks like a win/win to me. Great find on the Performer, great job cleaning it up and a delicious cook. Guess that's a win/win/win!

Cliff it was all win win except it was so good I ate my weight in lettuce wraps!!

Nice, Morgan. Can't believe someone would give that away, but good for you for rescuing it.

Tacos look good.

Glad it all works. What a find!! Don't worry, I gained weight when I first got my Performer. It comes off in a couple weeks time.

Anything with ground turkey is healthy in my book - just because.
Tasty looking plate, buddy - nice work!

I like the wraps, great idea along with the sides. Then the freebie you sure walked into that one, what a find!

Last edited:
Morgan, go get yourself a lottery ticket! With that streak of luck you might do really well! Looks really good and yeah it was healthy just a lot of it:D

Beautiful looking cook Morgan! Hard to understand why someone would toss that Performer. Ok; not hard. Impossible.

Anything that looked that good would be hard to stop eating! Nice catch on the Performer, watching for one myself!

how in the world can you eat your weight in lettuce wraps?

OK ... NEVERMIND!
Great Grill and Excellent Cooking Morgan!

Great looking piece of equipment! You must live near crazy people. Nobody around here gets rid of anything of less than +$5 above retail ;)

Nicely done Morgan. That looks identical to my Performer, it's a treat to use. Only change I made was getting an adapter hose and connecting a 20 lb propane tank instead of the small tank. Congrats on your acquisition.

Back