Have you cleaned your toaster's crumb tray lately?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Each of us thought the other one was taking care of this little chore and it wasn't getting done.

This morning I decided to butter my toast with it on top of the toaster to keep it warm.
Bad idea, a piece of butter slid off and down into a hot slot.
No problem, it will melt and fall on the tray, so I pulled it out and found a bunch of buttered toast crumbs.
It's a 4 slot toaster with trays for each side, both trays were full.
With the trays out I tapped it on the counter, shook it upside down over the sink, and dislodged many more crumbs.
Something to check if you haven't lately.

Ya know I just checked mine, took me awhile to find the trays cause I never did it before.
They tweren't that bad.:)

Tim

Our toaster is well over 20 years old and gets used pretty much every day.
It will probably stop working after posting this. :rolleyes:

Our toaster kinda "reminds" us to do this. The slots at the bottom are somewhat narrow & the crumbs don't really "make it" to the tray - they build up in the bottom of the toaster. After awhile, it'll start popping up even though the bread isn't toasted due to the crumbs at the bottom burning.

So Bob,
I have a Bosch about the same age, and I’m not overly fond of it but, it’s here.
What kind of toaster are you using?
I’m ready to change!

So Bob,
I have a Bosch about the same age, and I’m not overly fond of it but, it’s here.
What kind of toaster are you using?
I’m ready to change!
It's a Sunbeam, but due to its age you wont find that particular model.
A quick check on Amazon shows one 4 slot Sunbeam for $25, no idea about their quality these days.
I think your best bet is to shop Amazon, even if not buying from them, it's a good place to see reviews and you can set your price range, etc.

OT:

Timothy,

if you have room, I'd recommend this toaster (oven). I love mine. It's not perfect but it's close. Perfect toast in 2.5 minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00E07D76S/tvwb-20

71%2BRqQKbFaL._SL1500_.jpg

We have a four slice Sunbeam that's at least 20 years old also and it gets used almost every day. Barb dumps the trays every month or so.

Anyone seen one of these?...

iu

We've had two, but the first one almost caught fire in the middle of the night. I just happened to hear a buzzing sound around 3:00am, and the circuit board was smoking real good until I unplugged the unit.

The company sent me a replacement for free.

It does a good job of making egg mcmuffins, although I wish toasters (including toaster ovens) were made in the USA again.

Clint,
Thanks for the suggestion but, I have eight pounds of equipment in a five pound kitchen! No room but, if I find some way to get more room I very much like that!

Back