Harry's Chops + Hansen's Spares

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Big ol' pork chops from Harry's in Raymond were marinated over night in Wicker's Original.
DSCN0550.JPG

Then seasoned with Blues Hog Rub and briefly grilled direct to sear then indirect until 135ºF was reached internally.
DSCN0556.JPG

while that was happening, onions and sweet peppers were cruisin' along in a cast iron skillet...
DSCN0557.JPG

chops lookin' GREAT!
DSCN0558.JPG

the onions + peppers were added to white rice and a few trees were also included on the dinner plate.
DSCN0562.JPG

DSCN0563.JPG

Boy0boY, that was GOOD! butt that was yesterday....

Today, we cooked up some spare ribs from Harry Hansen's...
DSCN0565.JPG

those were rubbed with BBQ3000 and a mix of some Spanish/Mexican seasonings...
after 3 hours, i added quartered Yukons seasoned with a saltfree Adobo and a little Cumin... Lime juice was squeezed on the pork.
DSCN0566.JPG

a little more than 5 hours went by,...
DSCN0571.JPG

...so i wrapped the spares in foil and removed them from the WSM while i fired up a Smokey Joe...
DSCN0575.JPG

...to grill up some nopales and poblano peppers.
DSCN0573.JPG

sliced up the ribs...
DSCN0576.JPG

DSCN0577.JPG

then served dinner through Death's Door.
DSCN0578.JPG

The nopales and peppers were sliced and mixed together and tasted TERRIFIC!
DSCN0579.JPG

the potatoes dressed with cumin and the adobo seasonings were OUTSTANDING!
DSCN0580.JPG

and the ribs.... well.... they are no leftovers. FANTASTIC spares!
I'm really likin' NOT saucin' my ribs... i'm thinkin' dry rubbed ribs (baby backs OR spares) are the way to go.
Try it, you may like it too.
And if you're ever in the area, swing by Rick's Place, the Official supplier of The P1GVILION.
Thank you for viewing, enjoy your weekend!

I've been cooking boneless chops lately and need to get back to the ones with a handle on 'em.
Love gnawing meat off a chop bone and yours look beyond worthy!!

And for 2 handed eeting, slice me up a half slab of those un-sauced, un-St Louis style, unbelievable ribs, please!

Two beautiful cooks Jim!!

thank you for your very nice comments
icon_smile.gif

Mike, those ribs are the whole deal, i prefer not to trim the ribs to STL style, it cuts into my cocktail hour
img_a1003004aa1.jpg

Jim- as always on your post, fantastic pics, and maybe something to try for myself.

I'll just have to ask since I'm thinking it is a but unusual for me- in your part of the world, is it normal to drink a mixed drink such as Gin an tonic with the food? As a drink before the meal, by all means, but to drink with the food?

I'm not bashing you for the alcohol or anything, but I'm more used to a soft drink, water, juice, beer/snaps or wine.

Fantastic Jim! Do you prefer spares to St. Louis style? I know they are good either way and yours look Great!

GREAT QUESTIONS!
Thanks to Everyone commenting!
icon_smile.gif

Geir, i believe it is NOT normal to have a cocktail during dinner... butt i tend to extend my hour of indulgence longer than most.
Yes, a fine glass of wine normally is in ordr, or water, sometimes milk ....
David, I am sorta lazy so i do not trim my spares "ala" STL style, i actually like the whole shebang!

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
David, I am sorta lazy.....
We can tell from these crappy little cooks you post.
icon_biggrin.gif

And my wife would be right there with you indulging in the gin and tonics!
Great looking food as usual!

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
GREAT QUESTIONS!
Thanks to Everyone commenting!
icon_smile.gif

Geir, i believe it is NOT normal to have a cocktail during dinner... butt i tend to extend my hour of indulgence longer than most.
Yes, a fine glass of wine normally is in ordr, or water, sometimes milk ....
David, I am sorta lazy so i do not trim my spares "ala" STL style, i actually like the whole shebang!

I can certainly see why Jim! Thanks!

Looks great Jim.

We usually do "sauce-less" ribs as well. Sometimes I'll add a little sauce on the plate, but my wife usually doesn't even bother with that anymore. I guess I should take that as a compliment?
icon_smile.gif

Jim - as always, it all looks so darn good. I showed the Missus and and she wants to know why my spares are so puny...guess StL style is out next time!!!

Jim

Looks great Jim..Your sour ribs is a must try! But i really love the looks of those big boned chops! Dont get mutch better then that!

Back