Happy 4th Everyone

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Fires are still burning and many more across the states. All is well here.
Burnt stick wood in my M1 for the 4th. Hickory, a little mesquite, cherry & peach.
Started a brisket early along with beef riblets. Gotta have some lunch along the way.
DvlQqJT.jpg

Riblets done & slipped in a trisket or a baby brisket if you like.
xiVtgXk.jpg

Riblets are off and beer can chicken is on. Only so much room at one time.
S32urNQ.jpg

Trisket is resting. Brisket & chicken is marching on. 250*-275* range
nfLzTeL.jpg

Baby brisket is sliced. Not a lot there but so guud.
tjtnkCc.jpg

Brisket is wrapped & getting finished. Along with the pulled yard bird. It will make great pulled chicken
qYKeDXV.jpg

Brisket is done, sliced for some sammies.
oltQ1QC.jpg

Leftovers are gonna be great.
MbNGkyA.jpg

11 hours on the brisket. A lot of stick burning. Loved it.
Happy 4th everyone. No fireworks around here. Except in my M1.
Stay safe!

Last edited:
Russ, that chicken looks good, but holy cow! That smoke ring on the brisket looks like you painted it on with an extra wide brush!! I honestly can't remember ever seeing a smoke ring that large! I feel certain no one walked away hungry from the table, as it all looks delicious!
Great job,
Tim

First of all glad to hear you're all safe. The news here was showing the fires in Colorado, looks pretty nasty.
That cook is unbelievable, it all looks so good. Great job Russ.

Glad that you're safe from the fires. That is some majorly impressive cooking, sir. It all came out soooo beautifully! Did you feed the entire county? :p

Russ, glad to hear you and family are safe. Man you have a lot of meat and it all looks fantastic. Left overs are sure going to be delicious at your house.

Thanks everyone for the kind words & encouragement.
The trisket & chicken were frozen for future meals. Had brisket sammies for a couple meals.
My wife is having a stamping party Saturday they all love my brisket and will polish the rest off.
So all is guud. Hoping for rain for everyone in the dry states.

Oh my good golly that is fantastic. I think a trip to Colorado is in the future ;). Well done sir that M1 seems to be singing for you thats for sure

Man Russ, you guys and your smoke rings are killing me. What a magnificent looking cook. Way to use up that grill space. We've been vacationing up in Oregon and thought it would be nice to get away from the fires. Then, on our second day, the Klamathon Fire broke out just a few miles to our south. Geeze Louieeees. No getting away. Glad to hear things are getting better for you.

Back