Hanger Steaks to Start The New Year

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
My wife wanted "those little steaks" for dinner last night. No problem as there were 2 in the freezer (outside of them being the last of my stash).

Got the XL running at 425* with some some acorn squash. Rubbed the steaks with Oakridge SPOGOS, lightly oiled them and then onto the grill about 30 minutes later.

i2JDmfr.jpg

The squash was done in another 10 - 15 minutes or so. Removed it and foiled. The steaks were at 120* internal temp and then seared for several minutes per side.

QcfKUqt.jpg

Pulled and foiled the steaks. While the meat was resting, grilled some asparagus.

mz3V3GE.jpg

Sliced the meat.

YQL0yVe.jpg

Time To Eat!

dmzC8MR.jpg

Good! However, was a little disappointed with the SPOGOS rub. Had some real good flavors except no bold punch to it. I then remembered that most Oakridge BBQ rubs are rather low salt. A little salt and pepper cured things. Will remember to use additional salt with the rub in the future. But why? After all, it's supposed to be a salt and pepper rub.

That's how it's done, right there. Those steaks look fabulous. I love the texture. Super cook Robert.

Will remember to use additional salt with the rub in the future. But why? After all, it's supposed to be a salt and pepper rub.

Everything is heading that way! Bought some pretzels yesterday and I think there were about 9 grains of salt on each one.

Good! However, was a little disappointed with the SPOGOS rub. Had some real good flavors except no bold punch to it. I then remembered that most Oakridge BBQ rubs are rather low salt. A little salt and pepper cured things. Will remember to use additional salt with the rub in the future. But why? After all, it's supposed to be a salt and pepper rub.

That's how it's done, right there. Those steaks look fabulous. I love the texture. Super cook Robert.

Everything is heading that way! Bought some pretzels yesterday and I think there were about 9 grains of salt on each one.

Thanks, Cliff. Am betting this rub will get it awn!

Y7yI4Ya.jpg

That looks awesome Robert. I find most rubs lack salt so I usually add some kosher salt before just about any rub.

Great cook Robert, steaks look perfect. Being on a low sodium diet I have to make most of my own rubs. I do have some commercial rubs that are salt free. I've been on the low/no salt diet so long that I can't eat at restaurants because they salt everything so much, I can't stand the saltiness.

Not sure that I have ever done hanger steaks before, probably not seen them available to buy. Yours make me want toseek some out and give them a try.
Nice cook!

Back