Grilling burgers - lid open or closed?

Surprising those older grills are still around and dirt cheap.

1676053402848.png

In all my years, I never thought about this until someone asked
Right?

I never thought about it until you started this thread.

I will be cooking burgers with the lid open when using the charcoal grill, and the lid closed using the gas grill.

Thanks Mark and the tvwbb crew.

I may be the minority here, but I actually like Open Pit. I like it because it is tangy & more vinegar based. It is not available where I live, but sometimes I buy it online. I like more as a finishing & dipping sauce.

Open Pit was a staple at our house when we lived in Franklin Park IL. when I was a kid. But my favorite BBQ sauce was one that Russell's BBQ in
Elmwood Park made, loved that stuff. When my aunt passed away and Barb and I went back to Chicago for the funeral I bought a case of it and brought it back to California. Didn't last too long.

Open Pit was a staple at our house when we lived in Franklin Park IL. when I was a kid. But my favorite BBQ sauce was one that Russell's BBQ in
Elmwood Park made, loved that stuff. When my aunt passed away and Barb and I went back to Chicago for the funeral I bought a case of it and brought it back to California. Didn't last too long.
Ate a lot of food at Russell's back in the day.

So grease fire or no grease fire is what you are asking? I go lid down and take out the slow n sear. I spread charcoal over half the charcoal grate. I'm getting a pretty medium heat vs. coals piled up closer to the meat with the slow n sear or charcoal baskets.

Back