Grillin' On Weber and Santa Maria

Thanks everyone :)

Those birds look awesome ! Steaks too. I read you cooked w/ 26 OTG and i could understand you have used the upper grate. Do you bank the coal/briq on one/both sides? Or Do you use snake m.m.? Wich cooking T ? How long does this cook last? In your opinion are these birds w/o the beer can infuse as moist as the BCC?
I used charcoal baskets, indirect. The hens were brined in a gallon of water, salt and sugar. I think the dome temp was about 350 and it took about an hour... But I don't really remember:)
Yeah, the hens were very moist and tender. Thanks again!

The birds are downright beautiful, and the SMG eyes are outstanding Jim!
What's the score now for cooks on our Santa Maria grills this year, something like you 3, me nothing?
I need to ketchup!

Did someone say twice pipes ?

e5rbwn.jpg

;)

Jim my friend....you nailed both of those cooks, but the steak....the steak looks perfect, you are eating well, very well.

Well surprise another great cook by Jim the grill master!:) Everything looks great, love the color of those birds and that SM grill, well maybe some day. I'm a big fan of penzey's spices but haven't tried the OLD WORLD yet. Barb and I make the 200 mile round trip to Phoenix to go there, I know I can have it shipped for free if I order over $30, which is impossible not to do. But to go there and smell and taste some of them is well worth the trip.

Back