Grillin' in the Creek!

Kaz S

TVWBB Pro
Found the most epic Creek Spot. On private property and the owner is glad to have us use it!

Just north of Milton, FL on Coldwater Creek. I have been dreaming of this spot for a month when I first was given access. This has gotten me through several hot days at work. This creek has a company called Adventures Unlimited which rents canoes, kayaks, tubes, ect.. But this spot is on their section for a full day trip for canoers, so we only saw maybe 10 boats go by. No tubers! But I've grown up going out on this creek with scouts and trips at adventures unlimited. So I was stoked to know I could come here anytime I want now!

So beautiful out here. I just had to setup the kettle right in the creek. Kettle is a freebie I picked up put in new H pattern ash assembly and did the screw mod into the legs and a borrowed grate from one of my other grills.

photo-101.jpg

I'm the fat, bald guy setting up. Lovely 2 yo Daisy is my helpful assistant.

photo-102.jpg

"Dad bring the lighter!"

photo-106.jpg

How awesome is that drive your 4WD right onto the sandbar! NOICE!!!! YEAMAZING!

photo-105.jpg

Color changing hot grill!

photo-103.jpg

Daisy was on cool looking rock patrol! Thanks Daisy!

photo-104.jpg

And there's your Creek Burger! There 3 peices of bacon and 2 slices of cheese in there as well as some fresh sliced onion.

Also cooked hot dogs and chicken wings but forgot to get a shot of that. I was in the water ALOT!

Quote of the day was from a random canoer going by as soon as he rounded the bend he said, "damn look at that, it's a damn Weber!"

Very nice place to set up your Weber and have a fun day. Of course you never want to be "up a creek without a Weber":)

Did the canoer have to drag the boat? Looks kinda shallow there! Great family pics and delicious looking burger. I'll be right over!

Mark

First off I can see your pics!!! Looks like a great place to relax and have a great day, food looks good too!! creek looks kind of shallow to tube or canoe down, is it low for this time of year or the pics not doing it justice?

That is how it always is! No the canoer did not drag the bottom. It is an average of 2' deep maybe 4' on the far side from the bank. This depth is perfect for tubing as u can always stand up. U just float down on top of the tube, no problem.

If anything the pics don't give justice to how white the sandbars are or how clear the water is. But the creek is always small, shallow, clear, and cold it usually has a golden hue looking through the shallow water at the sugar white sands.

I've already told the family we are going back every Friday for the rest of the summer!

I'm also glad photobucket fixed there issue with firefox!

Back