Grilled Iceberg Salad

Barret

TVWBB Pro
I know grilled salad has come up on several occasions, and to this day I still think it's one of the best things in life. For quite some time I have been grilling Romaine heads, never foraging into the world of Iceberg wedges or even cabbage "steaks" (which I still have yet to try but will be doing very soon), so I finally gave Iceberg a try. I usually grill Romaine with olive oil, but used regular vegetable oil on the Iceberg because I wanted the neutral taste.

I topped two wedges with crumbled bacon, fresh tomatoes, and homemade Thousand Island dressing. With steamed (hard-cooked) eggs served alongside and paired with La Trappe Dubbel, it was a definitely dinner salad for the gods.

Cheers!
Barret

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

We have iceberg lettuce wedges occasionally through the summer. I've never tried one grilled. Only romaine. I'll mention it to my wife.

Very nice Barret! Your salad looks Outstanding!
We have grilled Romaine lettuce quite often, haven't done it yet this year. You're inspiring :)

Never though of grilling iceberg. Will have to give that a shot.

We grill romaine and make a Caesar salad. That, with sous vide chicken breasts and some grill-toasted baguette slices, is one of my wife's most frequent summer requests.

Maybe I'll mix it up and serve grilled iceberg with ranch dressing.

Back