"Grilled" hot dogs coming to Burger King soon!

Ok, I'll bite (h'yuck-yuck)
I'm gonna guess the dogs come pre-branded - with grill marks - from the manufacturer, and get rolled around on the flat top next to those delicious burgers. Or maybe they'll get one of those spinning, cooking dealies like 7-11 has for its dogs. Or maybe I just spent way too much time thinking about something I really don't give a spit for!

I'm gonna guess the dogs come pre-branded - with grill marks - from the manufacturer, and get rolled around on the flat top next to those delicious burgers.

C'mon man, get your fast-food technology straight! :) Burger King doesn't cook burgers on a flat top, they're flame-broiled in a contraption like this:

So maybe the hot dogs will be flame-broiled, too.

Hmm...now I want a hot dog...

I guess it depends on where you live.
Didn't they used to sell tacos at one time?

Tim

I have said it before and I stick by it.

Hot dogs are for children. If you want meat in a tube there is much more adult Charcuterie (hell we have a forum on it :p)

I'm 69 years old and still like a good grilled, or stick roasted over an open fire, hot dog every now and then,
but I don't play video games. :p

Have to agree with you on this one, There's nothing wrong with a good grilled dog or roasting one on a stick well at camp.

I always keep a few smoked dogs in the fridge in case I need a quick lunch.

I'm picky about the brand(s) though. No cereal dogs for me.

I have said it before and I stick by it.

Hot dogs are for children. If you want meat in a tube there is much more adult Charcuterie (hell we have a forum on it :p)

Like I said it depends where you live. In Chicago they take Hot dogs seriously, more Hot dog stands than BK, Mickey D's and Wendy's combined.
And I also love a good Maxwell street Polish, Brat or Combo.;)

Tim

Like I said it depends where you live. In Chicago they take Hot dogs seriously, more Hot dog stands than BK, Mickey D's and Wendy's combined.
And I also love a good Maxwell street Polish, Brat or Combo.;)

Tim

Yep, nothing better than a great Chicago dog. I'd even bet there's more hot dog stands then corner bars in Chicago and that's a lot...Well maybe close to the number of corner bars.

Yep, nothing better than a great Chicago dog. I'd even bet there's more hot dog stands then corner bars in Chicago and that's a lot...Well maybe close to the number of corner bars.

I'm glad you brought that up;) The Hot Dog cart is a favorite around bars esp on the south-side. Back in the 70's there was a dude who put all three daughters thru college selling hot dogs.
He set up right on 34th & Lowe which was down the street from Comiskey park and across the street from Old man Daley's house.

Tim

Down here in the south, it's mustard, chili, onions, and slaw - which is known as all-the-way.

That's a tough dog to beat, but I have not had a genuine Chicago dog (from Chicago) - however, there a few vendors around here that try to imitate it.

Start at Gene and Judes in River Grove and then just work your way around the city and burbs......... BK is just a waste of time.

Back