Grilled Chicken Ramen

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
My wife and daughter have been asking me to make homemade ramen noodles. So I found this recipe and decided I was going to go for it. I used the carcass from Friday nights whole rotisserie chicken cook. I de-boned four chicken thighs for my street tacos cook on Saturday and then yesterday I took four chicken thighs I got from a local farmer last week at the farmers market and de-boned them and wrapped them the best I could. I used all those bones to make the broth.
IMG_20210620_133347968.jpg

IMG_20210620_134619325.jpg

I had to make part of this cook on the kettle so the chicken went on with yesterday's cook and fishes just after everything else.
IMG_20210620_175452394.jpg

Then I went to making the chicken stock and from the chicken stock I made the soy stock.
Here is the chicken stock after being double strained.
IMG_20210620_223759176.jpg

And here is the soy broth while cooking.
IMG_20210620_211050776_HDR.jpg

I let everything cool last night then the chicken went into the soy broth (unstrained) an into the frig over night.
Then today I got the broth warming up, I strained the soy broth and got that heating up, sliced up the chicken and seared it up and cook the fresh ramen noodles I purchased.
IMG_20210621_170942312.jpg

IMG_20210621_172534799.jpg
The spread.
IMG_20210621_172546241.jpg

My bowl.
IMG_20210621_173212469.jpg

That was an amazing bowl of noddles. The chicken was amazing and this was a big hit. I know this one is going to be asked to be made often.
Oh and our bird also loved them.
IMG_20210621_174404836.jpg

Stellar job, Michael! I remember when Bill Schultz first shared his ramen with us back in 2014, and I knew I wanted to do it, too.....6 years later, I did (pretty sure I posted it here early in Covid lockdown). It's an investment of time to get all the components together, and it looks like you nailed the most important piece....the stock! Well, actually, it looks like you nailed the whole thing! I will definitely be looking into this style of broth more closely as I did the version that is "milky" in color.

Really excellent, Michael! Keep it up, brother!

R

Stellar job, Michael! I remember when Bill Schultz first shared his ramen with us back in 2014, and I knew I wanted to do it, too.....6 years later, I did (pretty sure I posted it here early in Covid lockdown). It's an investment of time to get all the components together, and it looks like you nailed the most important piece....the stock! Well, actually, it looks like you nailed the whole thing! I will definitely be looking into this style of broth more closely as I did the version that is "milky" in color.

Really excellent, Michael! Keep it up, brother!

R
Rich,
Yeah you posted your great Ramen cook, it was with pork! I still remember it. It is part of what inspired this cook! As normal, it was following your lead that allowed me to trust myself that I could do this cook. Actually while putting this post together last night I keep thinking about how I could get some pork bones into this and also cook some pork for it. I know that my family would not want me to mess with it so I was thinking about making the chicken stock then taking some of that and adding some pork bones for a second stock for myself. I am also thinking about adding some heat. I am thinking to add some chili oil. I will keep this as my base recipe (especially for the family) but I hope to be able to build off of it.

Michael

I'm curious enough to be nosy and since I already offered some praise I'll ask, lol: what cookware is in those pics?

I'm curious enough to be nosy and since I already offered some praise I'll ask, lol: what cookware is in those pics?
You could ask even without the praise! It is a line from Palm cookware. I got it about 2 years ago when I moved into my new house. My wife wanted me to get something more "masculine" since I do all the cooking. I don't know if they are better than anything else, as up until this set I used two sets that were gifts to me, but I love them! They get used daily, the kids wash/dry/put them away which means they get treated extra rough and they are just starting to show wear.

Love ramin and as you I like to predrilled some chicken our use left overs, and add fresh veggies when close to finishing I add a beaten egg into the broth .
You did a great job on this and out birds love ramin also,everyday if they could get it....

Actually if they go a couple days without ramin they get real crabby. Then you give them ramin and they get super quiet, and are happy again.
I just read your posts to the kids we all got a good crack up over it. What kind of birds do you have? We only have our Parakeet but man do we love that bird. She is sitting on my knee as I type. My daughter also wanted me to ask if you birds love Dairy, ours loved yogurt, smoothie, and milk.

The pigeon is about 15 years old and the gray coc is 17 years old the other countries is a rescue age unknown but appears to be about the same , we got several bids at one time of different ages and now down to just two.

Back