Grillbot

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
My wife gave me my Fathers Day gift early. She knows that I like gadgets and that I'm getting old enough use a little help with the little cleaning I do on my Smokefires. She got me a Grillbot and I charged it up yesterday and tested it today. Now, America's Test Kitchen tested this and don't recommend it because cleaning grill grates by hand gets them cleaner. I'm not looking to deep clean my grates but to just get the top clean for the next cook. The standard that I applied was "Does it clean them good enough". For me, the answer is yes. The grill has to be below 250° F. Once you press the start button you have 3 seconds to close the lid and it makes a racket while running. I have a 14" deep top grate in my EX6 so I can use it to clean both grates. After a 10 minute run the top grate was clean enough. In the first picture you'll see food particle on the grate and after cleaning the top of the grate is clean. For me, that's good enough. I'm old and like toys.Grillbot Start.jpgGrillbot results.jpg

You have the nylon brush model, I wonder if the brass one might be better? Thanks Lew, I have a bit more faith in first hand reviews from members here.

You have the nylon brush model, I wonder if the brass one might be better? Thanks Lew, I have a bit more faith in first hand reviews from members here.
I have an expanded steel upper grate and a stainless lower grate and the nylon works good enough for me. This thing works good enough but it's not a deep clean machine. Although my wife gave it to me, she did say to return it if I didn't like it. I'm keeping it.

Back