Grill Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
Nothing too complicated with this cook...just a nice boneless leg o' lamb impaled with a big two-pronged skewer and roasted over a live fire :D.

Boneless leg of lamb generously seasoned with Rendezvous rub, roasted with indirect heat from lump charcoal. With the top vent closed, the lamb was cooked with the lid just slightly open off to the side where it sat on top of the skewer. The grill got pretty hot (roughly 375°F), and the indirect heat did a good job of forming a nice crust on the lamb, so I didn't need to do any direct searing over the coals. Aside from occasionally flipping the skewer over and repositioning the handle to the other side of the grill, this cook was pretty hands-off. I'm kicking myself for not thinking to baste the lamb with the juices accumulating in the drip pan (bottom right photo).

Photo of the lamb resting after it was pulled from the grill at an internal temperature of 135°F, as well as a cutaway shot and a plated picture.

Last but not least, here are a couple very tasty heirloom tomatoes I got at the farmer's market. The yellow one on the right is a Striped German tomato; I can't remember what species the red one is. In terms of serving, I didn't have to do much to these guys to end up with a good side dish...just sliced, drizzled with good quality olive oil, and lightly sprinkled with some Australian Murray River flake salt.

Jerome, it looks very tasty! How did you like the Rendezvous rub on the lamb? I just cooked lamb (lamb chops) for the first time in years and had forgotten how much I liked it.

Edit: I did a search on the Rendezvous rub and saw an older posting where you had used this rub before on lamb...so you must like it!

Last edited:
That lamb looks awesome, haven't had lamb in years but yours is outstanding. Those tomatoes are gorgeous.

Back