Grill Restorers: Get this Knipex tool!

At least when you go with a trusted name brand, you know that even if it is made in China, the company enforces specifications on the finished products. If the product produced does not meet those specs, they reject it. To bring this back to Weber, while many of the Weber grills are made in China, they are still much higher quality that the Char-XYZ grills also made in China, simply because they enforce higher standards for the finished product. So the Dewalts, Bosch's and the like are still better than the no name disposable tools.

And the price dropped another $3 today.
Thanks- I ordered one from Amazon and the status was “order received”.

Checked today, like you said around $3 less, and arriving tomorrow.

I canceled the first order because “would not arrive on time”…

Thanks

The ones we posted most recently have smooth contacts. They have a similar adjustable button slide as the Cobra pliers but can be used on finished metal. They also exert considerable pressure when needed due to the leverage design of the moving part.
Yes I just got this Icon pliers wrench a week ago. Copy of the Knipex version but only 32 bucks with coupon rather than 60 for Knipex

Larry, I agree, HF is now carrying some higher quality tools. But they charge more for the Bauer and Hercules and Icon brands as well. I am not trying to bash them, I think it is great they are not only offering more than just the ultra cheap disposable tools. But, they do charge more for the upgrade.
Hf prices have gone up. Still useful but not as easy as it was.
Storage and tool boxes...yikes.

I have never heard of "Knipex," before.
I guess I am alone looking at all the other replies,
but I have always bought Channellock when possible.

I had the opportunity in the early 2000’s to work in Germany on some construction projects. My US company had a plant outside Düsseldorf that was home base.

Spending time with the people there I noticed many similarities and some differences.

The China import monster was just appearing there at that time.

I witnessed a lot of instances where average citizens would pay way more for German produced products.

I took interest since I have been on the “buy made in the US” since the 80’s.

And at that time, you could find practicality everything made there, or so it seemed to me.

I have heard things have changed there too.

My Knipex pliers arrive today according to Amazon.

I have a crescent and I beleive it is USA made but in much better condition than your was. The restore on that wrench is awesome.

No, I used a bench grinder wire wheel for that. Easier to control and not as coarse or aggressive.
And the nice thing about a bench grinder with wire wheel, is escaping wires have a better chance of embedding in your face, eyes and so on. :D But yeah, sometimes a bench grinder is your go to for that kind of project.

And the nice thing about a bench grinder with wire wheel, is escaping wires have a better chance of embedding in your face, eyes and so on. :D But yeah, sometimes a bench grinder is your go to for that kind of project.
I’ve never heard of a bench grinder embedding loose wires in someone’s face.

An angle grinder with a wire wheel flinging smaller parts, now that I can understand.

Got my Knipex pliers yesterday and a little disappointed. Now please understand that I grew up in an automotive repair shop where Snap-On was the tool of choice. What I noticed about these pliers was the nose/jaws do not line up.
20231103_100811.jpg

Not a great picture but you get the jist.
To me, that is not indicative of a quality tool. I think I would have passed even at the sale price. Zooming in on Jon's original post pic, those jaws line up as they should.

Back