GREEN LID-RED LID? OTHER LIDS SOON

That is what my OG grill was. A red top Genesis 2. At the time purchased from K's Merchandise in Rockford IL on N Mulford Rd. They were a "catalogue" shop like Service Merchandise at the time. Only a Madison WI based version of it.
They had side burners as well. I wanted to buy one at the time but wife was thinking at what we spent for that grill we'd blown our wad as it were. I did not get the side burner until many years later. I also added casters to the left.
That is the grill I gave to SIL and then was crushed by a FEL due to a contractor's carelessness loading roofing materials on the house
It had the frameless ignitor button, and the VERY different grease tray as well

That is what my OG grill was. A red top Genesis 2. At the time purchased from K's Merchandise in Rockford IL on N Mulford Rd. They were a "catalogue" shop like Service Merchandise at the time. Only a Madison WI based version of it.
They had side burners as well. I wanted to buy one at the time but wife was thinking at what we spent for that grill we'd blown our wad as it were. I did not get the side burner until many years later. I also added casters to the left.
That is the grill I gave to SIL and then was crushed by a FEL due to a contractor's carelessness loading roofing materials on the house
It had the frameless ignitor button, and the VERY different grease tray as well
This one was actually sold with the side burner. When the owner told me they added the sideburner I figured they did it after but it looks like it came with it according to the sticker on the bottom of the control panel. The date in the casting on the cook box is 1988. Same as my junior

20240930_045709~2.jpg

Do you guys have a good local source for the Krylon?
I pick mine up at Lowe's for about $10 per can. I should probably see if I can find it cheaper.

I just bought some yesterday and I'm pretty sure it was $10.98 per can and if you buy six or more it was $9.98 each. Looking online now and that looks like about the best deal I can find.

Last edited:
Wood looks pretty good. She said it was always under cover.
View attachment 100978

Control panel is still dirty but looks like it will come out nice. I noticed no model # on it. Genesis 2 must not have model # on control panel?
View attachment 100979

Drip pan and grease tray look nice too. Cover is in good condition and the propane tank that came with it is full.

Crazy how there are so many like that by you.

I’m just so glad that I’m no longer hunting for the “Right One” ! I’d be peeing money like Secretariat after the Triple Crown!
When Bluey Lewy is done! I’m just goi g to remember the keep a decent maintenance schedule on it and give it to my granddaughter when I have eaten my last meal!

I’m just so glad that I’m no longer hunting for the “Right One” ! I’d be peeing money like Secretariat after the Triple Crown!
When Bluey Lewy is done! I’m just goi g to remember the keep a decent maintenance schedule on it and give it to my granddaughter when I have eaten my last meal!
I'm just keeping my eye out. I have other grills that will be with me forever. The hunting part is fun for me though also. Maybe a little bit too much fun LOL

Last edited:

Back