Grande Festa

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So, Sunday was the family and friends party celebrating my Son's Graduation from the University of Maryland. Forty peeps in total and the weather held off and gave us a great day outside.
The CEO, as she is want to do started baking, cooking, dough, sauce and pasta making two days ahead of time. I've got to tell you, the products of her going full Italian where she is in a zone we all cannot comprehend is beyond description. Lasagna to die for, Pasta Dishes with home made Meatballs / meats and sauce the likes of which you cannot buy, Sausage and Peppers, Oh, and the baking, cookies, cheesecake etc.
No one misses these culinary events unless they are on their death bed in our large extended families. Our friends just smile ear to ear when invited.
DSC01839_zpscqdsgh7g.jpg

Somewhere in all this mix I got the request for Pulled Pork and Roadside Chicken along with Gourmet Cole Slaw from the Graduate. It went very well

Two 8.5 Lbs boneless Pork Shoulder, trimmed, injected and rubbed with the combos you see in the pics. Overnight in the fridge

DSC01841_zpsyuv8obcl.jpg

DSC01844_zpstlinj5bv.jpg

Up at 4am, Stubbs and Pecan got the nod, ran 250-275 for eight hours +

DSC01847_zpslcqnkux6.jpg

DSC01853_zpsshln1wba.jpg

Meat wrapped and in the cooler at 198 or so perfectly tender. After a careful WSM changeover with water pan removed and a new chimney of Stubbs added The Roadside was up. Brined thighs over night and in the marinade all day. Now on and basted repeatedly.

DSC01856_zps1bcqopqy.jpg

Best PP I ever made, served with some Blues Hog on the side and really good Italian Rolls

DSC01859_zps2hajfnwg.jpg

No time for plated shots, this is the the Buffet Table set up, lets just say there were wonderful smiles all over my home and lots of return trips to the buffet.

DSC01864_zpschfuy5dc.jpg

The Graduate cutting the cake, proud of him. As for the CEO and her production, Magic. As for me, lets just say that I held up the Weber Bullet Gangs Rep
pretty good.

DSC01882_zpsludjnwzp.jpg

Thanks for sharing

Congrats to the graduate and to the CEO for a job very well done. All food looks fabulous and it sounds like many were blessed by all your efforts. Special congrats to the graduate.

Nice work all around. You married the right woman, raised a good son and somewhere along the line became a pit master. While I'm sure the Pork and Chicken was off the charts, you still didn't out shine the man of the party! Great job my friend.

Woot! That's an awesome spread! And congrats to the graduate!

Wish I'd have been there to taste all that deliciousness ;)

Congrats to the graduate! What a feast. It all looks so delicious Bill. Great job on everything and thanks for sharing the big day!

Congrates to your son on his graduation! Great looking spread and great teamwork by you and your wife, everything looks fantastic!

WOW!!! That was one amazing spread, everything looks so delicious. Your wife is amazing fantastic job. Congrats to your son on his graduation.

Wow Bill y'all really put out a spread on this special occasion. That food looks wonderful and your son looks happy. I can't wait to see what you do for his Master's Degree...

Regards,

John

Congratulations to your Son (an Official Terrapin Alum!) and to all the cooks involved in this event!
An Awesome Post Bill!!

Back