Got me some good ribs

Steve R

TVWBB Member
Did a rib cook for the family over the weekend. Did 4 slabs, got two good pics of them. These are probably the better of the ribs I turned out on the WSM since switching from my old offset. I had that thing mastered, and now i'm finally getting the hang of this cooker.

Enjoy!

St. Loueeees' (there's four racks, just before I took them off, I had two stacked.
IMG_4076.jpg

Good shot, man this makes me want to do it all over again this weekend, I just may!
IMG_4075.jpg

not sure why I took the door off, I usually snuff out the coals, but I think i wanted to burn it out.. can't really remember...

Rubbed with a homemade rub my dad made, sauced with franklin's vinegar sauce and some asian chili glaze... man that stuff is addicting!

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I forgot to mention, this was kingsford coal, with some oak & apple chunks thrown in.

I wish I got some pics of the bend test, these things were probably the best doneness I have ever gotten, flavor profile was great too. I was real happy w/ this cook.

Beautiful looking ribs Steve. Have you tried a rib rack instead of stacking? Did they taste as good as they look?

Beautiful looking ribs Steve. Have you tried a rib rack instead of stacking? Did they taste as good as they look?

Thanks bob, I used top and bottom racks. I only stacked them quick while I got the tray ready to take inside. But this was the most ribs I had on the wsm, so I'm going to have to invest in a rack if I continue this!

Last edited:
I can see a wave of open smokers door photos coming soon, awesome looking ribs Steve.

Back