Good News for Weber: Tractor Supply will be selling Weber grills online AND IN STORES!

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I get the CookOut News emails. The latest one said that Tractor Supply is trying to expand their presence in grills and will soon be selling Webers online AND IN THEIR STORES. I feel Weber has had to have been hurt by the declining space offered to their grills by the Home Depot/Lowes monolith. Getting Weber grills on the floor where people can see and touch them in person is a good thing IMO, anyway.

I don't get to my TSC too often, but I will look for "weber grills". I do need to get some propane tanks filled and they are easily the least expensive near me.

Well, you are spoiled Larry. You have lots of great stores right in Rockford. My local TSC is still about 25 miles. That is pretty much local for me.

Well, you are spoiled Larry. You have lots of great stores right in Rockford. My local TSC is still about 25 miles. That is pretty much local for me.
Actually not as many as you think (non Sam's or Costco). Only Farm & Fleet and Menards. Not a Home Depot or Lowes fan.

Lowes I will shop, HD, not on your tintype!
Menards was not good to a friend of mine when he worked there so, they are not high on my patronage list and they are about fifteen miles from me (at least it feels like it. Lowes is two, they win especially when I am grocery shopping, they are right across the street from my normal Meijer store! Yep, I’m not only cheap, I’m lazy too!

Tractor Supply is all over PA and Southern NJ...there's one 15 miles from our beach house in NJ and two within 10 miles of our home in West Chester. They aren't huge inside but they put a LOT of products outside. Will keep an eye out for grills next visit.

Looks like not every Tractor Supply will start out with Webers, and they don't plan to start until the 15th:

The largest rural lifestyle retailer, Tractor Supply, has been working on growing their grill offerings. They took a big step forward this week when they announced that they’re going to start selling Weber grills online and in-store. They will have Weber grills in 500 locations starting on the 15th, with the possibility of more depending on the success of the roll-out.

I am just glad Weber is picking up some space when some others, especially Lowes, are reducing their floor space.

My comment about Lowes is that when I lived and worked in Florida, our Stuart, Florida Lowes Pro Services department treated me and our organization like kings. We weren't contractors, but running a residential community with a full maintenance department we fell under that category as regular customers for materials, appliances and tools. I absolutely loved going to Lowes then. The ladies (and occasional guy!) at the Pro Services desk could pull off miracles for us. Alas, now as just an ordinary customer at the Terre Haute, IN and occasionally Avon, IN Lowes locations, I am just a nobody and don't really enjoy shopping there as much. Meanwhile, having moved to the Midwest, I have been getting acclimated to Menards. It's hit or miss, but they do excel in nice hard woods. Not so great on appliances, and terrible on grills.

Menards only a mile or so each way. HD and Lowes are across the street from each other and bout 2 or 3 miles, F&F is right down the street from Costco. And both are about 4-5 miles from me

Id be curious to see sales numbers from box stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot as opposed to other sales avenues including online.

Out of curiosity. I’ve still never seen a grill leaving in the bed of a pickup from either, ever.

I’ve still never seen a grill leaving in the bed of a pickup from either, ever.
I have seen plenty down here. They are usually the cheap $299 Char Broils. More of those going out the door since you have to replace them every few years. I'm glad I finally figured that one out.

Back