Go Niners! Carne Asada coming up!

All cleaned up and ready to deliver the goods for a few months.

1643588583385.jpeg

And firing up some salsa roja with tomatillos, jalapeños and some grilled white onion.

The eggplants are for later this week (babaganoush).

1643588677544.jpeg

And some roasted beets (also for later this week) which were done in the oven.

1643588979347.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks amazing!!! My I ask, what is in your steak marinade?
Here ya go:

2-3 # of skirt, flap or flank steak
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Juice of 1 fresh orange
Juice of 2 fresh limes
1.5 tsp of a hot chili powder (chipotle or any hot chili powder is fine, but not cayenne)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano rubbed between your hands when adding
1 tsp granulated onion
2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Mix the marinade and add atop your steak. Marinate for 1-2 hours at room temp.

Note, due to the fresh acids, DO NOT marinate overnight. The acids will break down your meat’s fibers.

Grill direct heat over the hottest coals you got. Around 2-3 mins a side until you develop a nice color.

Move to indirect heat and cook through to 130-135°F. Remove and tent and let meat rest 5-10 mins. This heat carryover will ensure a medium rare cook.

Slice into thin strips and assemble into tacos or burritos. Enjoy!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Well the food was the winner at your house like always.
Have another beer and the loss won’t be so bad tomorrow.
Thanks. It was an unexpected year for the Niners. After that 0-5 run, each win was a gift. To get this far was beyond all expectations.

The margs were strong. We finished a 750ml of Costco Anjejo. Feeling good and excited for 2022. And I just got my super bowl weekend back! Wine tasting here we come!

The wineries are usually quite empty SB Sunday. And restaurants too.

I'm heading to Amador next weekend.
I’m thinking SB weekend for a trip. Either Amador, Sonoma or Napa. Want to get back to Tra Vigne in Napa as they’re now a pizza place and they have the fresh buffalo mozz they used to make at their old restaurant.

Check if out if you haven’t been. We were huge Tra Vigne fans for 20 plus years.

Oh, and I finally will get to drive my new car; more than to my office. Vroom! 🏎🏁

Last edited:
I've got about 3 or 4 cases of wine calling me in Amador.

Napa sounds great. It's been years since I've been to Tra Vigne. A visit is long overdue.

I've got about 3 or 4 cases of wine calling me in Amador.

Napa sounds great. It's been years since I've been to Tra Vigne. A visit is long overdue.
The original restaurant closed a few years back. Now they have a pizza place like two blocks away. Yes, I’m going specifically to get that fresh mozz!

My wife is a 49'rs fan. That game was rough. That last drive, the O-line was pitiful, and Garoppolo is terrible when he's flushed out of the pocket. At least you had some good chow.

Back