Go Niners! Carne Asada coming up!

My wife is a 49'rs fan. That game was rough. That last drive, the O-line was pitiful, and Garoppolo is terrible when he's flushed out of the pocket. At least you had some good chow.
4th quarter played out like 2019 all over again. Many failures across D, O and coaching.

wow.. what a feast - everything looks great! I have a pretty funny Tra Vigne story I'll spare the details from, that involves a bottle of Salon , those purple curtains at the entry and Joe Montana's family.... the place that went in there after them, Charter Oak I thought was pretty good too. Tough night for the Niners, - Still, they had an amazing season....

Those look good. The game’s finish? Meh. We sank like lead turds.
The Rams have done their share of sinking/stinking. Though I'm no dyed-in-the-wool fan, I think it's kinda cool they'll be in a SB in their own stadium.

Since I was home alone, I didn't even put a dent in those faux burnt ends, with all the other snacking.

The Rams have done their share of sinking/stinking. Though I'm no dyed-in-the-wool fan, I think it's kinda cool they'll be in a SB in their own stadium.

Since I was home alone, I didn't even put a dent in those faux burnt ends, with all the other snacking.
Burnt ends burrito. With some tots, slaw and some spicy bbq sauce.

Should be a good SB matchup. Both teams have lots of talent and drive.

Tried this recipe last night on the S6. That marinade is good and I think just letting it hang out at room temp before cooking is a great idea. Forgot the orange at the store so I subbed with pineapple. I undercooked too much to the wife’s liking so tossed the cut strips in a CI skillett for a few. Turned out great. 63796F9C-5E9F-42B0-9F83-14DAB25AC058.jpeg

Tried this recipe last night on the S6. That marinade is good and I think just letting it hang out at room temp before cooking is a great idea. Forgot the orange at the store so I subbed with pineapple. I undercooked too much to the wife’s liking so tossed the cut strips in a CI skillett for a few. Turned out great. View attachment 45338
Right on! Good substitute choice.

One of my standard juice hacks is to keep frozen juice concentrate in the freezer. I personally prefer pineapple orange blend. You can use 1-2 good sized tablespoons in the marinade. Do not hydrate the juice concentrate. Just use as it and it will melt into your other wet ingredients and the concentrated flavor works perfectly every time.

I always have fresh limes or lime juice. I freeze lime juice into ice cubes when I have too many and drop one in as well into my marinades.

Just some easy kitchen tricks on from zen concentrate juices.

Question, you running briq or lump on this cook? Nice CI grate you got there. I get mine to 1000°F using JDXL and the sear it puts on is restaurant quality.

Glad you enjoyed this recipe and thanks for posting your cook!

Here ya go:
2-3 # of skirt, flap or flank steak
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Juice of 1 fresh orange
Juice of 2 fresh limes
1.5 tsp of a hot chili powder (chipotle or any hot chili powder is fine, but not cayenne)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano rubbed between your hands when adding
1 tsp granulated onion
2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Mix the marinade and add atop your steak. Marinate for 1-2 hours at room temp.

Note, due t

2-3 # of skirt, flap or flank steak
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Juice of 1 fresh orange
Juice of 2 fresh limes
1.5 tsp of a hot chili powder (chipotle or any hot chili powder is fine, but not cayenne)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano rubbed between your hands when adding
1 tsp granulated onion
2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Mix the marinade and add atop your steak. Marinate for 1-2 hours at room temp.

Note, due to the fresh acids, DO NOT marinate overnight. The acids will break down your meat’s fibers.

Grill direct heat over the hottest coals you got. Around 2-3 mins a side until you develop a nice color.

Move to indirect heat and cook through to 130-135°F. Remove and tent and let meat rest 5-10 mins. This heat carryover will ensure a medium rare cook.

Slice into thin strips and assemble into tacos or burritos. Enjoy!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have
@Brett-EDH, finally got a chance to do this! Bought an outside skirt steak from Wild Fork and decided to use your recipe, turned out great!
00C3AE0E-FD1E-4B01-85AD-AA063430E2D8.jpeg
959B8337-AC71-4ECD-8A13-E4FE0B0759C4.jpeg
FD698092-32C6-4303-9EE8-B2761771F7E7.jpeg
22DB8BB7-D5F2-4072-887F-6B25FD71C2FD.jpeg
24649C32-CDAB-4B42-8B9E-D30D0533B2D2.jpeg

Last edited:

Back