Genesis 1000 restoration almost finished and my grill is smokin’

Thank you Timothy and Rich. The bar has been set pretty high around here. I can see the finish line. Here’s a close up of the wood with one coat and one of the restored manifold after installation.

DD9D7AD1-15C3-45FA-B56D-16CA6A85805C.jpeg

F7F99A29-AF17-4352-84C7-CF0E4AE73B7E.jpeg

Last edited:
. BTW, does anyone have a spare of the upgraded slide hardware for the side shelf they would like to sell?

You might want to poke around here and see if you can find your hardware. If price is too high you might be able to write down size and buy at Ace Hardware.

You might want to poke around here and see if you can find your hardware. If price is too high you might be able to write down size and buy at Ace Hardware.

Kyle,
Do you still have the old-style rod and holder clip? If so, I might be willing to trade.

I should not have put the word hardware in there, Does anyone have a slide bar unit they want to sell?

Last edited:
That would look like what I would expect it to look on a brand new grill. Love to see the slide for the swing table on those older wood Genny's.
Gotta like those black knobs too.

That grill is standing tall! Nice job! That grill will be cooking long after those new grills at Home Depot and other places have gone t**s up.

Gerry

Top drawer! That is a beautiful grill and will give many years of enjoyment. I still feel there some people who would pay a solid price for a grill like that vs. buying another ready to rust 2yr grill. I hope so.

Very nice, you did an amazing job on that beauty. Always great to see an older Genny restored to like new, they are definitely worth saving.

Back